Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH ESPN analyst Jordan Rodgers: Georgia pass game issues go beyond quarterback

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH ESPN analyst Jordan Rodgers: Georgia pass game issues go beyond quarterback

ESPN analyst and former Vanderbilt quarterback Jordan Rodgers shared there's more issues with the Georgia pass game than just the quarterback play

Read the full story here

Comments

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why are there no junior or senior receivers contributing? Did Kirby do that bad of a job recruiting them, a couple years ago?

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Landers, Bush, Pickens, Blount, Kearis and D Rob aren’t freshmen, so this, like all of Jordan Rodgers takes, is complete poo. No wonder his brother won’t talk to him. But D-Rob...I guess we should have known that football just wasn’t that high a priority if a kid first picks to go to Cal-Berkeley. Good for him being a well-rounded person, but too bad for Dawg fans.

• RighteousRighteous Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

It's not the youth these guy's know how to play receiver it's the coach and the absence of arm talent.

• WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

the HC needs to let the OC loose...

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Rodgers has suggested lining up Pickens at different receivers positions to get him mismatches."....This idea has been bandied about already..I for one. BUT, do not try to lead him long...not with Bennett. He ends up "heaving" the ball Hail Mary style...where it lands nobody knows. Use Kearis and Pickens intermittently on shorter missions. Bennett can be effective...with Cook as well. Remember. FL is going to drop bomb after bomb to try and build the score. Then Trask sneaks in an end sweep or slot back. Our defense must be able to deter Trask from doing his thing carte blanche. Trask will control the game if UGA does not stop him. UGA can stop him...this will frustrate Trask. Slow down his mojo. But UGA will have to do more than run the backs into the line. This will not work against FL. They are not KY. I am sure Kirby has watched the videos.

• Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

At first they couldn't block now they can run routes anything to take the heat off of a an 8th grade arm talent. Our receivers would start on any other team in the country ITS THE HEAD COACH he has no idea how to run a team were stuck watching the number 1-2 pick in the 21 NFL draft throw darts up north I would love to see what Beck can do he can't be any worse. I would rather go 9-3 while grooming a top notch qb for next season than to beat up on the weak back end of our schedule only to get destroyed again in the sec cg.3 bluechips on the roster but we're stuck with Hudson Mason Jr to lead us!!

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Have we seen the offense trying the sort of movement Rodgers describes? If it is really a matter of getting through a learning curve, it seems like we should see more and more of it as the season progresses.

I also think we would have seen more of it vs Kentucky if it really is a learning curve thing -- the D had the game well in hand and we were coming off a bye week where we would have been working on it.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm hoping we did work on it, and just didn't want to put it on film right before the biggest regular season game. If not, then it would be hard to say that the bye week wasn't a total waste. I really don't want to believe that it was. Suppose we'll see soon enough.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We've been behind the 8 ball for a few years now in receivers. Our best receiver last year was a 5th year transfer who wasn't in our system. Pickens was a signing day surprise. He literally just said why not UGA that day. Everyone else thought he was going to Auburn from what I remember. Just think if Pickens stuck with Auburn and the guy form Miami didn't come? We lose to FLA. We lose to Notre Dame. Are receivers important? You tell me.

We've whiffed on Landers and Bush, they can't catch a cold and D-Rob was a transfer who has underperformed. We lost the best receiver Jeremiah Holloman to smacking his girlfriend or something like that. I think the 2020 group of receivers will be fine and probably saved Hankton's job.

No way in Alaska that BAMA should end up with 4 receivers in a 2 yr. span of time that go in the first round of the draft, and we are getting guys who can't be trusted to go in motion ? Just wow!

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“I'm hoping we did work on it, and just didn't want to put it on film right before the biggest regular season game.”

Me too.

• bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Seeing as how we were just running it all over KY, I'm hoping we were holding off on some things to give fl a surprise. I'm hoping Kirby has been holding some things back for fl. With no film they have nothing to anticipate, or, they have to anticipate everything. Either way you limit what their defense will be used to. At least that's what I'm hoping. If we run the same vanilla offense we've been running, this won't go well....

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Are we going through another year of blaming our receivers for the passing game failures? I remember Brian Kelly said before the game last year that our receivers run simple routes. Shane Matthews said yesterday that our passing offense is "high school-ish". Why is no one asking questions about our receivers Coach? Why is no one raising questions about the routes our receivers run? It's seems too easy to blame the receivers. If ultimately it is the receivers and I don't think it is, then why keep recruiting kids who can't beat man coverage?