Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations from humbling loss to Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 10,564 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football instant observations from humbling loss to Florida

Georgia got off to a great start against Florida, scoring on a 75-yard touchdown run by Zamir White on the game's opening play. But from there it was almost all Florida as the Gators picked up a 44-28 victory over the Bulldogs. The win drops Georgia to 4-2 on the season. The loss also gives Florida an inside track to

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

2nd half observations and overall game...

Combined Georgia QB game stats: 7/28 and 3 interceptions. Pathetic. We're nowhere near an elite status. I'm not convinced Kirby knows what he is doing with QBs. Fields was a missed opportunity, and if Mathis and Bennett are the best we've got then we won't be competitive with the few elite teams for at least a few years. Any QB we play next year will either be inexperienced or average. Daniels must still be injured or limited. We've got a long way to go on offense to be able to even compete with the best high scoring teams that will make the playoffs.

Defense played ok in the 2nd half but still not up to par with all the injuries. Still, the (2) best teams in the SEC dismantled our defense overall so is our defense as good as advertised?

Overall, this entire game was like watching a slow moving train wreck...

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So much for our vaunted defense. It craps out in all the big games.

• Options

Neither QB could hit the broadside of a barn and when they did the receivers couldn't hold on. Mathis especially. Over on the sideline having a pity party-sulking. I swear I think the kid is an emotional basket case. Who does that?

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Heard from reliable insider source while UGA doctors have cleared JT Daniels to play, Daniels’ personal injury insurance doctors have not. Thus, why he’s not on the field. Always follow the money!

• Options

We are so behind the 8 ball offensively as I said yesterday compared to the likes of BAMA and FLA in the skill positions. Our defense didn't have a clue about stopping them. Yeh we're banged up and yeh, I thought we would lose, but to give up almost 400 yards in the 1st half? What was it 5-6 straight drives they scored?

• Options
    Dawgfan78Dawgfan78 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman
    1. Worst quarterbacks in Georgia history?
    2. Matt Landers worst receiver in Georgia history?
    3. Monty Rice or Dean ever quick enough to cover anyone?
    4. 3 tight end set used to perfection once?
    5. totally confused on defense so you can’t play man?
    6. Will we even allow freshman qb next year to play against Clemson or will we play it safe like this year until too late?
  • Options

You know you're in trouble if you're trying to win a game throwing to Matt Landers. Unbelievable. Florida receivers making circus catches covered like blankets sometimes.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Talent hasn't been coached up point blank we can't throw catch we don't have the next elite runner on this team inside lbs are slow if I were Brock I'd run Cks has Sabans old recipe and has no idea what he's doing citrus bowl here we come

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, thank you Smart for at least giving Mathis another shot - I guess we can all see now that he isn't "the one". Given his year off last year, I suspect that his odds of turning into a Heisman QB are pretty long. He may consider transferring, but I doubt a Top 25 team would give him a serious shot at starting QB.

So, the questions now are what about Beck and what's the "real deal" with Daniels. There's a big reason he's not playing and it'd be nice to know why before he transfers. Granted, Daniels hasn't been on campus too long, but he still should be able to handle some simple plays.

But, then again, our receiving core let us down during several critical times and maybe without a superstar there, we can't win.

Dunno. All I know is that we don't belong at the SEC Championship game and Florida does. I just wish Daniels could get at least one shot.

• Options
    HootiePepperHootiePepper Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Spot on Conner. The dream of an elite CFP team just died. This is on the shoulders of Kirby. It is blaringly clear that neither Stetson or D'wan have the tools to get it done. Unfortunately, Kirby will likely go back to Stetson and go back to "Man Ball" which will likely work for the rest of the season unless our banged up defense cannot hold up to carrying the team the rest of the way. Most of us worry about how terribly Kirby will handle Brock next year. JT must be headed for the portal or is just terrible, dim witted, or still injured.

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

There is a legal issue with Daniel’s knee. I can’t believe the media hasn’t gotten wind of it.

• Options
    THoweTHowe Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

This was pathetic showing of a team that is supposedly a top 5 team on both sides of the ball. Do we have a QB that can hit a receiver. Everytime they throw one deep if goes way over the receiver's head. Horrible drop by Fitzpatrick. Easy catch and run. I get tired of seeing the QB's patting their chest that is was their fault. We already know that. Apparently, Justin Fields wasn't a good practice player either, but he has a great chance on winning the Heisman this year. HMM! Put JT Daniels on the field. He started every game as a freshman with USC. He could not do any worse than you are putting on the field right now.