Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart explains Georgia QB rotation in 44-28 loss to Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 10,511 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart explains Georgia QB rotation in 44-28 loss to Florida

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart has great faith in Stetson Bennett, to the extent he played him with a shoulder injury before pulling him down 20

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Texas_DawgTexas_Dawg Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Kirby is full of it!! I believe he is trying to redshirt JT Daniels ! I also believe the story that was leaked late in the week that Daniels said he was ready to play is probably true! Kirby has wasted another year and possible recruits on the offensive side because he still wants to stick with the 3yds and a cloud of dust offense perspective! these kids want to touch the ball and he wants ball control! How many defeats does he need to see?

• Options
    Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Cks sounds like he is still i denial about stetson. I keep asking why would any top tier qb come here. Maybe brock is the answer. But then you gotta wonder will he even get to play. Kirby needs to step away from the offense and let the oc start making all the calls.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

C'mon Kirby, you've got to be kidding me! Neither Bennett nor Mathis are the answer. Good gosh. 9 for 29 and 3 interceptions between the 2 of them!!

Give Beck and Daniels a chance. We need to find another QB and get them game experience before next season, so we can hit the ground running next year. Otherwise, we are back to square one all over again next year.

• Options
    atadawgatadawg Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

How bad of a position are we in if Mathis and ShortStuff are our "best options"?

It usually takes a year to install a new system, I get it. Our WRs are young and don't always make the right read on the route tree, I get it. We've got a crazy banged up roster with LOTS of players out, I get it.

But with all this our "best options" at QB are on the field? Really!? FFS, that's sad.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby would leave a Harlem Globetrotters game saying he thought the Washington Generals did some good things.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

With Kirby’s “body of work” logic, Vandagriff will never see the field next year regardless of how good he is.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

8 picks in the last 3 games and you keep spewing this body of work crap. You’re embarrassing yourself and our team. Fans getting tired of your BS Kirby.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

In other words, we do not have a SEC caliber QB on our roster. Pretty obvious Mathis isn't experienced enough and Bennett is limited by his size and arm strength. Like it or not the season ended today. It should be about playing for next year and seeing what Daniels and Beck can do.

• Options
    NashDawgNashDawg Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2020

In my humble armchair QB opinion, Konservative Kirby has 3-4 years to get it done, or else he’s gone

Vandagriff will arrive on campus next year and if he can’t win with a top tier QB, he’ll never get it done

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Once again, making NO **** sense: "they’ve gotten more of a body of work" - speaking of Mathis and Bennett. Hello, Kirby!!!! JT Daniels played a FULL SEASON of Division I Football as a starting QB (check USC - it's in LA, on S. Figueroa), and was cruising in year 2 until he got hurt. That's two full Springs and an entire year+ as a starting major college QB. And you turn to a redshirt freshman because he has "more of a body of work?" Where, in High School? Right about now, I'm thinking KS is full of s**t. Just tell the truth for a change. Who recruited Daniels? Have you ever seen him play? Ask USC - they'll send you some film. Meanwhile, against the Gators, the D genius doesn't realize running backs can catch passes. A total breakdown and a program low-point for UGA.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Clemson's FR. Qb looks poised and athletic with a great arm. He's getting great experience against a very good Notre Dame team. He will be ready to face us. Dwan looks anything but poised, especially when things don't go his way. Spreading his negativity on the sideline. At least Bennet doesn't pout.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Remember the “agony of defeat” ski-jumper who wiped out at the beginning of Wide World of Sports?

Kirby thought he did some good things.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Might be time for Kirby to go back to work for his 'daddy' in Tuscaloosa. If he'd have him.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 373 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

SB4 ate his Wheaties this morning, and that was a good thing. He put his uniform on, and that was a good thing. He stood on the correct sideline, and that was a good thing.

I hate knocking Bennett. None of this is his fault. He is a good Dawg and he plays with his heart and I am proud to have him as a Dawg but he is NOT going to get us where we want to be. Yes, play him in a wildcat/wilddawg because the kid is athletic and he can run. Don't ask him to do more that he can. He is way better that I could ever hope to be and I wish I had his talent but this is D1 football and the SEC. Bless his heart, the kid is a heck of a Dawg but he is not the answer.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well hasn’t the whole week just ****.