Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Georgia got off track 44-28 loss to Florida, simple as 1-2-3

2»

Comments

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2020

5-Star players all over the field, but they can't catch the ball, they can't block, and they can't tackle. Kirby Smart's idea of coaching his players up, must be to let them beat the hell out of each other daily in practice (competing), then cart them off the field on game day, and then yap in front of the cameras about "next man up..."

Kirby is a great recruiter, but is a dinosaur in terms of offensive football. If he doesn't have a Saban-like epiphany about the need to outscore the other team - with great offensive, he will begin a long, spiraling trip to the bottom of the toilet bowl, which is where we will probably wind up this Christmas.

• Options
    NashDawgNashDawg Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

Watching Kibys comments post-game, he did say something if importance, “we made our bed”.....should’ve said “I wet the bed when it comes to developing offensive play makers and keeping top QB off the field and letting them transfer”

despite our secondary torched all night on wheel routes, our defensive players generally are developed well

but our receivers can’t separate or run a route at times....and these guys have speed and are high recruits

but the bottom line is, if you don’t have a QB to throw the ball accurately, it’s game over against elite teams. He wants an AJ McCarron game manager when the elite teams are getting playmakerS

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Please don't make losing Cine a "reason". The defense was lost all day. They have to play too much. Just for grins and giggles, the last 3 games in T.O.P.. Defense was on the field for 8, 10 and now 15 minutes more. At this rate kirby, Vanderbilt may have 25 minutes more .

How much longer do you guys think this is going to go on before Ga starts losing recruits?

The difference in qb play and offensive philosophy is the biggest difference. BTW, Fla has the better defense. It's the same defense that Ala has and what LSU had last year. THEY STOP YOU WHEN THEY HAVE TO, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T STOP THEIR OFFENSE.

Next week against Mizz, will not be a cake walk. They can throw the ball all over the field too. Is Kirby thinking of bailing out? Is he ready to go back to Ala? I have to wonder. Has he already thrown in the towel this season? If so, just say so. At least then we would know why he is doing the things he does.

• Options
    BibbCountyDawgBibbCountyDawg Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

If you are honest Dawg fans, you (dawg fan) saw this coming; you really did . I'm a Dawg fan and Like you, I may have hoped for better but there was no better to be had. Today's results were not pleasant but were predictable. Until UGA solves its offense it will suffer against Top 5 competition. So, I'm glad the drama of the inevitable offensive and QB "implosion" is over. Who plays what does it really matter anymore for 2020? No. So, I will just chill out and cheer for whoever they put in at QB. I conclude with this: If Dan Mullen is the QB whisperer, what does that make Kirby Smart?

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Bibb With all due respect. Dawgs were down only 13 with plenty of time to make a comeback. They had the possessions and the D got some stops. The difference is at QB. Even a decent game manager could have kept the offense moving. Instead we had SB4 and Dwan heaving long balls that had no prayer of connecting. And Landers must be a good buddy of Dwan's because he kept throwing to him -- Landers either quits on the route or runs along like he's out for a Sunday jog. This was a MAJOR coaching failure by Kirby Smart. It's up to the head coach to develop QB's and we have NONE that look serviceable. Someone explain that to me. Kirby seems to be a flash in the pan. All show no go.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby’s shine is gone. He’s turned into just another Will Muschamp. He’s earned one more year to get our program out of this three year death spiral of losing big games in a big way. If not, then next coach up. I love Kirby but I can justify this any more.

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Our D **** too. I thought with all those 4 and 5 star recruits we would have the depth to handle the situation when our starters go down. But the guys we put in to replace them got torched and obviously weren't coached up and ready to go in.

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    UGACCUGACC Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

". . . let them beat the hell out of each other daily in practice (competing), then cart them off the field on game day . . . "

This is one of our big problems that not many seem to be talking about. Why do we have so many key players "dinged up" so often? How many other top-tier programs are missing so many of their better players each week?