Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football championship dreams on hold until nightmare quarterback situation is solved

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football championship dreams on hold until nightmare quarterback situation is solved

The first two times Georgia wide receiver Kearis Jackson was asked about the passing game and its struggles following a 44-28 loss to Florida, he deferred to let Kirby Smart answer those questions. And after the performance Stetson Bennett and D'Wan Mathis put on, Smart is only going to continue to get questions

Read the full story here

Comments

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Fromm never lost to florida.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I seriously think JT could have completed more passes than the two that played. But then again, if you have to throw to Landers your doomed anyway. Kearis is a baller. Shame Rosemy got hurt when he finally contributed in a big way. Maybe Blaylock bounces back next season and Burton, Pickens and a couple of the new guys can develop. Offensive line ok but not great. Florida's O-line was supposed to be their weakness and we couldn't do much with them. They dominated our defense.

• BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fields, who made the most cowardly transfer in college football history, not because he left, but because he went to a team with elite talent that plays a high school schedule, will be Kirbys legacy if he never wins a championship. Our recruiting has been so exciting to watch, but the wheels are going to fall off soon if we keep blowing it.

• bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Dang, now we see why Bennett was starting. Mathis certainly isn't the answer right now, and I guess Beck and Daniels must not be up to **** either. That was depressing to watch with all those injuries on defense, knowing we could win with just a decent qb. I know Jamie Newman gotta be regretting his decision. Draft is probably going to be full of qbs that have proven themselves on the field, and he's at home. Could have been a heisman contender with the rest of this offense.

I don't know the real reason JT isn't playing but I can assure you it isn't because he is less talented than the two who played tonight. Something about his insurance policy. You can google his games in high school or at USC (highlights) and see what I'm saying.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe, maybe not. We’ll never know. Newman’s stats against better teams was not impressive at all. Wake Forest not exactly a hot bed for developing qb’s.

We got punked tonight. Defense was toothless.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby made this bed. Actually it's not made at all. I see teams across America with serviceable QB's who can move an offense down the field. And UGA can't? Our QB's are a liability. Why is that? QB development should be THE #1 deal on any team. Not this one. Kirby is losing it fast. So we win the rest and go to the whatever bowl. There, half the players will opt out and UGA will lose another lackluster performance. Rinse. Repeat.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This season is over and wasted. We’ll go to a sorry bowl that most of our players won’t play in for fear of getting hurt and we’ll lose to a team that we have no business losing to. “We’ve got to get better.” Ray Goff said the same thing. I seriously doubt Vandagriff is that good of a QB if Kirby recruited him. He plays in single A ball. Don’t see him flourishing with this joke of an offensive system.

• BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Exposed? Let's be honest. We made a mistake hiring a coordinator of Saban. We should have hired a solid head coach like Bamma did with Saban. Not a Disciple of, hot Coordinator type, winning team OC or DC. We got blind sided delusional looking for savior of 40 years no Natty.

• BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

I just can't accept the Shreveport Bowl.

What a well coached and talented Notre Dame team. Ian Book a duel threat guy put his team on his back. Receivers made plays, defense was relentless. Unlike a certain team I know.