Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Beleaguered Georgia Bulldogs open as single-digit favorites at Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageBeleaguered Georgia Bulldogs open as single-digit favorites at Missouri

Georgia football has hit a downward spiral with offensive struggles and an injured defense, but the Bulldogs are still favored to win at Missouri next Saturday

Read the full story here

Comments

• Texas_DawgTexas_Dawg Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Favored! Not with Bennett and Mathis at QB. This team should clearly be underdawgs to every team for the rest of the year unless something changes!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In another thread I picked two more potential losses...one is Mizzou, the other Miss. State. Tattered and torn UGA needs fixin' fast. You hate to see these guys hit the field for fear they will limp back to the bench within minutes! Kendall Milton is one. Bennett, Pickens, Blaylock, Davis, LeCounte, Kenny M, Marcus Rosemy...to name a few. I think there are 17 or more viable players out with injuries..and they are picking UGA to win? Who knows, I could be all wet. Hope so!!! This is disturbing.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Take off your the score from your main page. Good grief!! Haven’t we suffered enough?

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

I bet we lose by double digits

• randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2020

So here’s the bottom line Dawg fans...are we willing to give Kirby 2 years to fix this O issue? Because of the QB hole we’re in, regardless of who you blame, that’s what it’s going to take. So we can cry all we want about where we are, but I’m more concerned about where we go from here. IMHO, we play the potential 2021 starters at QB from here on. With all due respect, that means no more Stetson. If Kirby continues to give him the majority of snaps then we know all we need to know. So this year is a wash...expect major improvements next year...then back to championship caliber in 2022...I hope.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh please people. It's fine. Really, it is. It may depend on injuries, but I suspect we'll win by 2-3 TDs.

We definitely aren't Top 4 level, but we can handle our business against Mizz.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whom at QB will produce these prodigious 2-3 touchdown winners, kirkhilles? I would like to know? Bennett may be out....dislocations make one sensitive to use that muscle area again. Mathis does not like up tempo games?? All SEC games are up tempo. Beck is a mystery!? Kirby will not play JT.

• BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Normally I would say we will stomp them but I saw Mizzou last game and they looked good, way better than their previous games. I just hope the Dawgs shake this FL loss off.

• SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

I doubt I will even watch another game. This season is just too painful to continue paying attention.

• TIMLAW10TIMLAW10 Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby....your looking suspect. Hurts to say but the kool-aid is wearing off. Since that NC loss, we have not taken another step. Blowout losses every year, but top recruiting classes. 3,deep on defense with top talent but no direction on offense. You are your worse enemy and after this loss you can't hide from it. As I said last year evolve or we're not going to be champions with what you are doing. We wasted 4games on a guy we knew would bust. Better fix it or next man up. Here's our slogan, 40 years and counting yet two of the top QBs in the nation are Georgia boys...

• 87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is an opportunity for Kirby and the rest of the coaching staff to reassess the entire UGA program and commit to a change in direction. I'm not talking about a few more passing plays, I'm talking about revamping the offense and recruiting to that revamped offense. I've been watching UGA football since 1976 and as an alum I've cheered for the Dawgs for 38 years.

I love old school physical defensive football as much as anyone, but I also understand, like everything else, football has evolved. I was watching the Steelers and Cowboys play today: the Steelers were backed up on their own one yard line and on first down they went empty backfield and threw the football. No team would have done that 10 -15 years ago and especially not a physical, run first team like the Steelers. I still consider the Steelers one of the most physical teams in the NFL, but they have evolved offensively to be more explosive because that's what it takes to win championships.

UGA needs to continue playing solid defense, but the offense has to be more explosive and that means a QB who can make explosive plays with his arm and legs. No team in the BCS era has won a championship without an elite college QB. The day of the efficient game manager winning a NC is over. Our offensive recruiting has been elite inside runners, huge OL, big receivers who can block in the run game and efficient QBs. That has to change to elite QB, quick speedy receivers and RBs who can run and catch. Instead of just pounding the ball, the offense has to find ways to get the ball to playmakers in space. I don't know if Kirby is willing to do it, but I do know it has to be done to compete for a NC