Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart: New quarterbacks, WR George Pickens bring 'juice' to Georgia offense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,449 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart: New quarterbacks, WR George Pickens bring 'juice' to Georgia offense

Georgia football offense has 'juice' and energy this week with new quarterbacks competing to start as Stetson Bennett recovers from shoulder injury

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, keep in mind that the O-line seems to be widely praised, so JT should be able to fire some bombs without having to run a lot.

• Options
    Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

The sad part of them.videos. there recievers actually catch the ball. Jackson and Pickens the only 2 we have that you can trust to catch it

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Carson is a pocket thrower with yes a flamethrower arm as Mike would put it. He needs to move more. JT was brilliant. He can throw the bomb , check down or run like crazy!!! If he hasn't got a wooden leg...go ahead Coach take a chance. Surprise us!! JT is very good. We do not need him 100% but Kirby may be saving him for next season, when he will be 100%? I do not know. I do know the defenses will on that knee.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby just name a freaking starter!!

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

maybe, Pickens is more excited because there may be a QB that can get him more targets than the last two, and he may not show up in the transfer portal before the season is over. Really hope that's the case. He will become more important if season progresses without the multiple injured WR's

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2020

Kirby Smart is the most clueless head coach I've ever encountered. An interesting stat: of all the Saban assistants who were going to go elsewhere and take the "Saban-Clone" with them, this was probably the most publicized. And all KS talked about was his D philosophy, plus "we want to be explosive" on offense. Sure, who doesn't. But he is not Saban, not even on the D side of the ball (you think AL can't cover a wheel route?).

Personal opinion: KS should have gone somewhere else first: GSU, Minnesota, Boise State, FAU, or somewhere, and learned how to be a head coach. Right now, he's over his head. And he's a great guy. So it hurts. But he's not ready. You want to talk about Saban, then look at his history and his progression. Go Dawgs!

• Options

GREAT comment! Spot on. Beck or Daniels: what, are they going to throw 10 INT's in a game? Not likely. Just a note, meaning not much: Tom Brady was not "the man" at UM when he started. But cerebral and accurate? Yep. Let's see what happens this weekend. Should be - as they say - interesting!

• Options
    edited November 2020

He needs to "move more"? More than what? Have you seen him play? Geez, there is nothing wrong with JT's knee - he's said so himself. Maybe we stop projecting and speculating and let the kid PLAY!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If a QB doesn’t have accuracy, he has nothing. I don’t care how well he runs.

Most of the comments about Daniels play at USC may be true. Does anyone actually watch the defenses in the PAC? Defense is the reason the PAC can’t field a playoff team. Daniels may or may not be the answer but I choose to trust the coaches, The closest season I remember of a similar QB situation as this year was when we had Mason, TF Ramsey, and Bauta. After the offense struggled with Mason and Ramsey, the fans were clamoring for third stringer Bauta. They got their wish against UF and it was a disaster. JT, if able to play, seems to be more of a last resort than a ace in the hole so perhaps we should temper the expectations. The same folks that act as if they know so much about his talent will be the same folks shouting the loudest should he come out and play like a third stringer rather than a savior.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

How is it impossible to develop more than 1 QB at a major D1 school? For 4 years?

• Options
    dawg4lyfedawg4lyfe Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited November 2020

Only person I see quitting on routes is Landers... good Gawd, it's like he's jogging out there and doesn't even WANT to catch a ball on many deep routes!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

temper our expectations

Well I'll go on record and say that if JT starts or if he comes in and the momentum hasn't swung to Missou when he does get in, that he will impress people. If he's completely healthy and not sandbagging. Doesn't mean he won't make a mistake, but that people will see why he was a consensus top 2-3 QB coming out of HS. Not a miracle worker in his 1st game back but solid and someone you feel good about moving forward and that's all that really matters, finding someone we can feel at ease with heading into next year. JT or Beck, they both are extremely talented passers IMO.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Am i the only one taking crazy pills here?

did y’all remember the “mobility” of Fromm, Eason,Cox, Stafford?

I do, it was like watching turtles run in peanut butter.

I have a hard believing the whole mobility thing. Now medically uncleared is another story.

im a little torn about watching the offense this weekend, don’t know if I’ll be more excited or angry if the offense lights it up.

go dawgs!

• Options
    Dawgs140Dawgs140 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Not related but do we think Jordan Davis comes back next year?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not related but do we think Jordan Davis comes back next year?

Depends on how he finishes up the year. On a high or low. Then where would he be drafted? Lot of moo-la difference between being a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder, and of course the 3rd round. I like to think of it as if a guy can get better from his JR. to Sr. year and move up the board 10-12 slots then in essence he is getting paid his senior year. He's paying himself. But most kids get dollar signs in their eyes and their families need the money. Hard to delay gratification in our world today.