Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

REPORT: Georgia football game at Missouri postponed

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageREPORT: Georgia football game at Missouri postponed

ATHENS — Georgia’s game at Missouri has been postponed on account of positive tests and tracing for COVID-19 in Missouri’s program, per the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. NEWS: Missouri's game against Georgia has been postponed due to positive tests & contact tracing within MU's program. — Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter)

Read the full story here

Comments

• DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, I guess I won't be able to watch us win a 20-10 barn burner with a combined 450 total yards of offense and more turnovers than touchdowns.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, lends itself to some ilk of humor...but it is happening right when we would finally get to see the former USC missile thrower at work on the field! BUT Covid rules the day. This virus can get nasty with lingering effects. Best to side with caution. I really am concerned for Sam Pittman. I ask...should we try to continue the season?

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, that sucks but we certainly could use the extra week to heal. I guess that means Bennett will likely be our starter then for our next game. Sigh...

Oh, and this:

"USC transfer was the favorite to start this week for Georgia against the Tigers, creating a ripple of excitement in the fan base and bringing energy to practice, according to Smart."

WTF is this statement? You don't mention his name. I highly doubt that Daniels was EVER indicated to be the "favorite" to start (ideally maybe) and I'm sure Smart said nothing of the sort. Yes, he mentioned energy to the practice, but the rest is an inaccurate statement. Please, prove me wrong - I'd love for Smart to have said that.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This might be a blessing in disguise. We need time to get some injured and dinged up players back healthy.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA gets a very much needed week off, and kudos to the UGA staff for managing the team in a way that has avoided the Chinese Biological Warfare. We have played two games severely short handed and it seems a bit much to put blame on individual players. Kirby has broad shoulders and can bear the blame, as he should. After repeatedly watching the WLOCP, its hard to find examples of players quitting on plays. The lizards hit everything and faced little adversity. We had so many close calls that just didn't go our way. Let's all rest up this week and see if we even finish the season. Seems some victorious politicians want the season stopped, right now, in Big 10 country.

• Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

Honestly...this is great news for our health of this ball club. However, I do pray for all players and coaches to get better soon!

• MakdawgMakdawg Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Does anyone really care? Georgia has been a huge disappointment..... hey, lets run the ball 100 times against a crappy kentucky team and squeek out a win -

hey lets keep playing bennet until he turrns things around, woops another fumble, another interceptions, it will get better, next game, repeat, well next time, then next time, repeat

not sure what the hell kirby thinks when it comes to QB - he changes every single other position - but QB he thinks is different

I love kirby - but he should learn one thing - never ever have input on the QB again, - just coach the rest of the team and let your coaches handle that - you will win - we all will

Just a hunch...I think the game will be declared a "no contest." Maybe Dec 19? I do not know what kind of ripple affect the virus will have on Mizzou team.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, unfortunately, the Dawgs have no plans for December 19th...so sure, we can play then.

Yes, Dec 19 is an open date but what about the virus's impact on Mizzou at that time?? That was what I was getting at. This d*ng virus already moved six games. I want to see JT Daniels on the field starting for UGA! Not likely on the 19th all else being equal. Little Stets will be trotting out behind center.