Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Development of freshman wide receivers becomes even more significant after Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint i

SystemSystem Posts: 11,149 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageDevelopment of freshman wide receivers becomes even more significant after Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint injury

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football freshman receivers looking for strong end of season Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint had put some

Read the full story here

Comments

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The injuries on both sides of the ball have been devastating this year.

It will allow for more practice time for younger players and hopefully that will pay dividends in 2021 and beyond.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Honestly, and I believe he does a decent job, but I think UGA needs to go after an elite WR coach. Hankton, even though he has experience, hasn't produced an elite WR yet, at any of his stops as a WR coach. We need someone that will help with routes, teach better separation. And that's where the other part comes in, CKS needs to let the offense go. I know he wants "blocking" WRs, but what elite HS wants to come to UGA just to be taught how to block? Just so they can actually get playing time?

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To me, it's pretty simple. Smart needs to allow his OC and QB coaches (in this case the same person) to take FULL CONTROL of the offense. And I don't mean the whole "we're on the same page" BS.

I mean, let him control it, choose QB and receivers and talk or make statements. Let Smart control the D.

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior

maybe I m missing the point but we have TE's and slot receivers and backs that could catch the ball. Might lose some of the homerun efforts but doesn't look as if we have many of those anyway.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't like hearing that we only have (2) middle-of-the-pack WRs in the 2021 recruiting class. Kirby needs to definitely consistently use RBs and TEs in the passing attack.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with MontanaDawg...two so-so WRs committed...so far...commit does not mean signed either. Someone has to step up at TE and RB...Cook is doing better at slot. This fits Bennett's style better as well...in case he re-emerges. I will say...if UGA can develop Arian Smith sooner than later...he can out run anyone just about anyone in the nation. Big weapon. Good break away speed. Burton included.

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sent this to UGA, but would hope somebody figures it out on their own. This "speed" thing is a joke. Or, more fairly, a distraction from what should be the focus of a receiver: get open and catch the **** ball. Period. Exhibit A: Steve Largent.

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

BTW, not to beat this to a pulp, but don't want to give the young pups an out with, "Oh he just ran dump offs and stuff." He scored 101 touchdowns in the NFL. Do that and you'll be in the Hall of Fame, just like Largent is.