Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

South Carolina parts ways with head coach Will Muschamp

SystemSystem Posts: 10,475 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageSouth Carolina parts ways with head coach Will Muschamp

South Carolina has parted ways with head coach Will Muschamp, the school announced on Sunday night. This was Muschamp's fifth season in Columbia, S.C. The Gamecocks went 28-28 in his time as the head coach but are just 2-5 this season. South Carolina has lost its last three games and given up 52, 48 and 59 points in

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think Will probably knew this was coming and that's why he wanted Jackson to walk on at Georgia. The nature of the coaching business.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd imagine he'll get a quality coaching position based on name recognition alone, but his head coaching record isn't exactly stellar at 56-51.

I don't think there's an appropriate spot with Georgia, but he definitely has a lot of connections to the state of Georgia from being a walk-on for us and wound up being defensive captain. He was born in Rome, wife from Thomaston, brother is a coach in Atlanta and he has assistant positions from several Georgia colleges. Maybe he'll become a coach of a school like Georgia State or something like that.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Won’t be surprised at all if Kirby hires him as an analyst unless there’s something in the buyout that prohibits it.

• Options
    WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

Get ready UGA fans, Muschamp will be an analyst for us next year along with Bobo coming back as OC. Monken will be hired by the Gamecocks. Also, look for Brain McClendon to come back as receivers coach replacing Hankton...

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2020

UGA gonna get Gunner! And Bobo as QB coach and Muschamp as Quality Control staff. Or maybe, after what he has already made over the years and the $13M buyout he may just call it a day and go hang out on the golf course with Spurrier.

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Curious to know where Muschamp, and Bobo for that matter, will end up. Both are elite recruiters and have a long history working in the SE USA. Recruiting is Kirby's primary MO, so I would not be surprised if either of them join the ranks at UGA in some capacity.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

lol, I don't think UGA will get both Vadagriff and Stockton. I definitely wouldn't mind getting Bobo back.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shows you the sad state of money in college football when a losing head coach still gets $13 million for his trouble....Geez.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bobo back at UGA as OC? Monken HC at SC? Muschamp...UGA analyst? Explain to me why this would ever happen? Too much Pixie dust....Achoo! If I were Will M..retire. All I heard were boos and rants against Bobo back in his UGA days. I remember vividly. Monken, I would think. would want back in the NFL, unless Smart gets smart and gives him rein over JT at QB! He could build on that scenario.

• Options
    rjallenrjallen Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Muschamp failed to control his team after SC's win at Athens last year. In fact he seemed to participate in the vandalism to the hedges as photos shows him waving torn twigs. I would expect any head coach to stop such nonsense for many reasons even if having no history as a Georgia Alum, player or even a coach. I bet CKS would come down on his team like a load of bricks if we damaged the **** home field this year, if only to keep such acts from providing bulletin board motivation. For a man who was a DAWG, it is even more bizarre. Until last year, I always rooted for Will if not playing Georgia. No more.

I think Georgia's offensive future belongs to Monken if Kirby will keep his hands off defensive play details. Bobo is a good man and DAWG but for Georgia, he belongs to the Richt era, not the future.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, defense wasn't his thing at SC? I thought he was a guru. Not being smart, just say'in Either he couldn't get the dudes or his schemes are outdated in this pass crazy era, or what? Couldn't light a fire in the dudes he had? Someone help me out.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Dawg Nation should be sending Muschamp a fruit basket. He took two of our rivals and broke them on the field and then got paid a fortune to leave. He set Florida back 5 years and likely South Carolina back 10.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior