Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Reports vary on Georgia QB D'Wan Mathis future with Bulldogs

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageReports vary on Georgia QB D'Wan Mathis future with Bulldogs

Georgia football quarterback D'Wan Mathis' future is in question with the Bulldogs, family does not confirm report that he's left team

Read the full story here

Comments

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

Best of luck Mathis! Wish you would become a WR here, I think your just a little scared of being hit in the pocket!

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't see his future as a QB but either WR or TE. Good luck to him. Can he take Stetson with him? LOL

• KhunKhaoDawgKhunKhaoDawg Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

(stomps foot). I can't play I quit! (sticks thumb in mouth)

• JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Whatever you decide, best of everything to you Mr. Mathis. Go Dawgs!

• jaxDawg2jaxDawg2 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Yeah, about the worst body language I've ever seen from a QB. UGA was very good to him, from what I've read, so I hope he exits with class, if that's his choice. Will wish him the very best whatever he decides.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Mathis were to go to Michigan st, that might be a good move for him. I would love it if he stuck it out as a qb or tried a pos switch to WR. Regardless he needs to do what he thinks is best for his future.

• rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

It was criminal that Mathis was put into the Florida game when Bennett went down. Probably trying to keep him from bolting. He’s a good talent, just not ready for prime time and maybe not a QB. Wish him the best with wherever he ends up.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It is obvious someone would go in to the portal at seasons end. With Brock coming in, the opportunity for Mathis to win the starting position was very, very slim. Mathis got his shot to start the season and after the hit on the sidelines it didn’t go well. I was pulling for Dwan and wish him the best. I sure hope Carson sticks around to battles for the starting position. Not sure Daniels will still be here next year or not.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man,

wherever he goes and does whatever he does I wish him the best. One huge thing we have to keep in mind is this kid had a brain tumor! The fact he’s dressing himself is a miracle. Good luck young man!

• JudgeDog31JudgeDog31 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Cant blame him for seeking a chance to play somewhere else. Coaches move to better opportunities, and players should have the same right. But, wish him good luck.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So if "reports vary", why make this a story? You can't come up with an original angle on anything to save your life, so not surprising. Such desperate BS.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was pulling for him, especially after what all he went through. And if he does decide to leave, which as of this posting is only speculation, I can understand. And I certainly wish the young man all the best. I hope he has great success, where ever he goes. I ain't gonna hate on him.

Best of luck, D'Wan!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He needs someone to be brutally honest with him and tell him receiver may be his best shot at the next level.

• NorbyNorby Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Cam Newton, Joe Burrow, Baker Mayfield, Justin Fields, etc. did the same and it worked for them.

• TIMLAW10TIMLAW10 Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

All the best for Mr. Mathis, of course. That said, those first series against Arkie were shocking in that this was what Kirby and staff had done their best work preparing as a starter for a (at that time) national championship contender. Not putting it on D'wan. Putting it on those millionaire coaches. What lousy work on their part.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

D’Wan’s next college commitment will be his 5th. First it was Iowa State then Michigan State then Ohio State then UGa and finally ??? (maybe Michigan State again). With that said, he seems like a great guy and I wish him the best. Hopefully he has good memories of his days in Athens even though he had some major setbacks and disappointments. Good Luck D’Wan and Go Dawgs!!!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

If D'wan decides a transfer is his best choice, can't say I blame him. I wish this young man the best in his future..GoDAWGS!

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It was gonna be him or Beck. He had his shot and he wasn't ready. Not too many QBs stay if they believe they should be a starter. But why yall always think a black QB should change pos when he struggles as a freshmen.gtho with that. He'll be fine wherever he goes