Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football at South Carolina: Live updates, news, injuries and scoring

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football at South Carolina: Live updates, news, injuries and scoring

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart prefers playing aggressive on defense, and the Bulldogs are expected to come after South Carolina in the Saturday night battle

Read the full story here

Comments

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jordan Davis being back is HUGE news!!!

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

I expected Mathis to leave. There will be even more competition next year.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Mathis decides to stay, but if he does decide to leave, best of luck in the future.

After seeing Daniels first start I can see how Newman might have thought his presumed hold on the starting position would be in doubt as soon as Daniels knee got healthy.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The quarterback has to be a weapon, this kid is serious at qb.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2020

Unfortunately, this is a very overmatched SC squad. This is what it should be. My question is, when is Kirby going to start prevent offense and defense?

It looks like this defensive possession has already started prevent.

The SC defense is very thin. Ga should be able score 45 points with ease. No disrespect to SC, you can just tell. If they dont, serious questions need to be asked to Kirby.

That SC scoring drive looked, how can I put this, VERY EASY.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Defense needs to bow up.

we are playing their scout team essentially from all the opt outs and injuries.

let’s make it hurt!

Wow. More prevent defense and poor tackling. Recipe for disaster. Soft coverage is allowing SC to catch up on TOP. Especially after GA going 3 and out.

I have a bad feeling about this game. We may be about to watch a game that is closer than it should be.

This defense is trash. With SC getting the ball first in the 2nd half, this could be a 4 point game by the time Ga gets the ball back. SMH.

• DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

WTH- Dawg's D looking awfully pedestrian and even gassed. What looked like an easy win looks like it could be another nailbiter.

When they have to respect the pass the run opens.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

1st half observations...

Our rushing game is back! Daniels looking pretty good but has made a couple of mistakes. OL looking good. Dawgs taking what the defense is giving us which means right now at least we're looking more like the typical Dawg rushing attack. Great to see Cook more involved. Defense causing havoc against SC QB but have their hands full trying stop RB Harris (who is a beast!). Poor tackling.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Daniels is still on the learning curve but SC is giving UGA the run game, so be it. We know Daniels can pass. They know Daniels can pass. This is a team effort. Kirby will exult over the run game coming back....! Later, with Mizzou, UGA will need the passing game. Tough defense. They held SC to 10 pts. as well, but they only scored 17...weaker offensively.

Need to let the Dawgs out half two. Rack up the score as high as UGA can get it....anyway they can. UGA needs a good airing out....solid win going away.

Fire the play by play guys

• DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nice to see it isn't ALL runs in the 2nd half. I'm kinda shocked actually.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a difference it makes when opponents have to defend the whole field!

True, but probably should of kept running it after the illegal formation penalty. Had to settle for a fg.

Now missed tackles on defense and then pick up 17 yards on a 3rd and 18. Now takes an interception to stop the drive, instead of shutting their offense down.

2 penalties, killed 2 plays, 1 td and a 13 yard run. Getting sloppy. Come on.

I still think Ga is going to have problems with Missouri's offense. They like to throw, and Roundtree is a bigger beast, they will have trouble tackling.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't start back into the rut of field goals!!! I know they can help but this is a team UGA should 7 pt score every time on. Come on we need to hit 50+ pts. GO DAWGS!!!

Let beck play, play the young guys

edited November 2020

I have figured it out, GA is the worse team in the country guarding the TE and back up players.

They are about to give up a 98 yard drive.

Absolutely an embarrassment.

This is 16 points against the starters, Mizz held them to 10. Ga probably honestly has maybe the 6 or 7 best defense, in the SEC.. Injuries have been caused by T.O.P failures.

Offensive positives, Edwards is a beast.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Solid win. Outside of a couple of busted plays and a couple of missed tackles on a hard runner, not much to complain about. Good to see the run game be dominant. Go DAWGS!