Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football instant observations after win over South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football instant observations after win over South Carolina

The No. 9 Georgia Bulldogs did exactly what a team as talented as it is should do to an undermanned South Carolina team. The Bulldogs hit on big plays in the running game and passing game. It harassed a freshman quarterback all night. And Georgia ultimately came away with a 45-16 victory in Columbia, S.C. It was a

Read the full story here

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well he did throw it about 22 times less than last week and had a clear TD dropped by Burton. A beautiful pass to Jackson on a long throw that hit Kearis in the hands and got intercepted. So what? I'll take that as an off day. If that's what you want to call it.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great to see our rushing attack back, but I did feel like Daniels was falling back into being the same kind of 'game manager' that Fromm was in many games. This game we took what the defense gave us, sure we did, but this also tells me that being a passing first big play offense is still not in our DNA. Will our passing attack only come out when necessary? I guess we'll see.

Great havoc created by our defense against their QB. Good play by the OL. Overall, pretty pleased with the effort and results today.

GO DAWGS!!

• randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe Kirby wanted to reestablish the run tonight but would have rather seen more balance. If we only throw it when we have to, our pass game won’t be honed enough to just turn it on at a moments notice. You keep a sports car in first gear most of the time the engine wear out. Kirby please don’t turn JT into just a better version of Fromm. Only time will tell.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

KIrby better not turn JT into another Fromm game manager. JT needs to keep that rhythm with the offensive WRs and TEs. Believe me it is a rhythm....as it was against MSU. Timing. You stop using it and you'll come up short as JT did with Burton tonight. The other miscue was Kearis' fault not JT's. Overall the Dawgs did fine. Later, against Mizzou, JT will get his chance to air it out again. I hope he remains upbeat...Kirby has a way.....!

Now, with D'Wan hitting the t-portal, you pretty much have Bennett and maybe Beck as back-up. Gotta keep JT happy!!!

• TIMLAW10TIMLAW10 Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

Don't think a game against the USCe junior varsity can be used to evaluate anything. The SC defense was there in name only.

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 187 ✭✭✭ Junior

Did a much better job on rushing the passer but missed a lot of opportunities to lock up on tackles. Not the coach but definitely do not like the giving them the automatic 5 yard gain on dump passes. Missed a chance to see Beck. Let the man play a series or two or are we trying to drive him away from lack of playing time? I thought we were going to run Nr 33 (name?) to death before the game would end (like 8 in a row).

Overall decent effort and pleased to see a TD for a TE

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2020

Agreed. I was disappointed in that Kirby didn't allow Edwards to punch it in, after the offense choked on his first td of his career, by having a penalty. He is a punishing back.

I also agree with TIMLAW10, this was a VERY undermanned team, especially on defense. Offensively, should of went this way. My concern is defensively. Way too many missed tackles. They couldn't get Harris to the ground. When they play Mizz, they will have to go against a bigger and better back, not to mention a better team all around. But I guess everyone should be used to seeing this defense get exposed against the pass. BTW- the worse defensive team in the SEC (Old Miss) also gave up 24 points to Miss St.

For those worried about turning JT into a better version of Fromm, I get that. But I was ok with this game plan. SC kept DB's back, so the run game was available. No reason to force anything. Limited chances in the passing game, but still had mistakes. An almost pick inside the 5, took an **** sack, missed a WIDE open Burton in the endzone. So yeah, still need more pratice. Midrange passes will open more, now that teams saw the speed of A Smith. IMO.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

• Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Stetson looked at peace on the bench last night. He’s knows he had a nice little run, but he also knows he was in way over his head once opponents got film on him. Saw him chilling and chatting with JT a lot. I think he’s perfect fine now as the next QB up. Early this season was ALOT on that young man.

Dwan leaving is ok, the only place he’ll get a starting qb gig is at a small directional school. Probably somewhere in Michigan. Not sure he’d ever get playing time at a place like Michigan state. Wish him the best.