Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart evaluates Georgia QB JT Daniels in 45-16 win over South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart evaluates Georgia QB JT Daniels in 45-16 win over South Carolina

Georgia coach Kirby Smart elected to pound the football deep into the fourth quarter rather than work on his pass game with new quarterback JT Daniels

Read the full story here

Comments

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWGS! Loved our effort on both sides of the ball tonight! We looked inspired. Keep it going, Dawgs!

GO DAWGS!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm with you Silver_Britches!!! They let the Dawgs out!!!!!! UGA backs were running hot tonight!!!! JT would like to have thrown more, but Kirby said JT did what he was told to do. JT will probably get a chance for an air raid with Mizzou...looking super tough against Vandy...their RB is really good....but Vandy has no defense...and no offense.

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You have to wonder if Bama or Clemson or OSU or Florida would have run out the clock instead of running up the score?

• RighteousRighteous Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

They made sure to reach JT a lesson for his throw the receiver the ball quote...only a Jake Fromm like 16 pass attempts. Too much emphasis on the run when we had a good chance to work on passing game. I'm not impressed with a coaching staff so willing to play 2006 football.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I could have sent this in from home. Congrats Griffith, you can watch TV.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe way Kirby likes to get the lead and then sit on it(run every down) will never lead to a blow out win so he can get Beck some reps. He is more afraid of losing than he is of becoming special. We lost to BAMA in the NC game because of this, went to running it unless we just had to throw, instead of throwing it like we were when you didn't have to. It bit us big time.

• BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

If JT was off or making bad decisions, then let him work it out by running the offense. If not, then give Beck the opportunity to come in & get the experience!! With a six TD lead against KY & a large lead against Auburn, Bama had Bryce Young their likely starter next year on the field running the offense. That's why in 2021 the Tide will reload while chasing what will likely be Saban's 8th National Championship, & the Dawgs will be stumbling around mid-season still trying to decide between Bennett, Beck & Vandagriff after Daniels goes pro. You can not win today without a relentless offense & an experienced, smart, rocket armed QB at the helm. Just another miss in a season of missed opportunities. .

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think after last week's 8 yards of rushing, Kirby was bound and determined to show everyone that the Dawgs can still run the ball. I think he proved his point. Kudos to the Offensive line who did a great job. I thought our tackling, however, was very poor. I was also a little disappointed that Beck didn't get some mop-up duty in the 4th qtr. All Daniels did was hand the ball off on the last drive. Beck could have done that and got some experience/confidence.

• harleydawgharleydawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore

@spdawg I believe that's "one" of the reasons we ran it, especially in the end....NOT to run up the score; possibly on an old friend an ex classmate. I'm with you on that...glad he didn't. As Kirby said, it was different "type" of game also than Ms. St. If you watched Ole Ms. vs Ms. St., St. did the same thing against them, 5 yard passed them to death, trying to control the clock...but, Ole Ms. left their backs in position on defense, instead of backing up and keeping the receiver in front of them like we did, they played to disrupt or intercept....Ms. St. didn't get near the yards passing, TOP, or first downs vs. Ole Ms.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

Yeah, JT missed a couple of big ones, but his receivers missed a few big ones, too (including the INT). His biggest improvement right now might be to learn to not take sacks... either step up in the pocket, or unload the ball. In any case, a slightly "off" day for JT somehow still looks solid. Go Dawgs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You don't have to be a Steve Spurrier and throw every play with a 30 point lead, even with a couple of minutes to go in the game. There is a happy medium(I believe) of I'm getting my back ups some playing time and now the whole team is happy, than just trying to be a bu@hole. I'm going to (like BAMA does), get a big lead and put my back ups in and get them experience. And when I do put my back up QB in, it won't be just to hand the ball off, Remember what Justin Fields said caught on the mic after one game here, "I handed the ball off good today." Said, sarcastically.

Don't make UGA or keep being the place where 2nd string QB's never get a chance to get real game experience in all phases. Please Kirby think outside the box. We were never going to lose that game last night. But he is so fearful a backup might throw an interception.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Quite frankly, I have absolutely no desire to resemble Clemson, OSU or Florida in any way. I wouldn't mind resembling Bama in the number of NCs won. I think showing respect for a friend and UGA alum shows what UGA and Kirby are about.

• harleydawgharleydawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore

There is one thing I wish we could have seen, and I think we should have. We had them 45 - 16 early in the fourth.......Carson Beck.. It would have been a good time for K. S. to evaluate.