Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia coach Kirby Smart comments on status of D'Wan Mathis after South Carolina game

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia coach Kirby Smart comments on status of D'Wan Mathis after South Carolina game

Following Georgia's 45-16 win over South Carolina, head coach Kirby Smart provided an update on the status of quarterback D'Wan Mathis. Mathis did not travel with the team to South Carolina, a first this season. And according to a report from 247Sports' Jake Rowe, Mathis is expected to answer the transfer portal.

Read the full story here

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish him well, I don't think he is a starter at a quality d-1 school, probably a D-2 school, but I wish him the best and hope he proves everyone wrong.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He gone. Kirby is just trying to make it where us fans don’t ride Mathis, too hard. I get it. I don’t get why he quits now, though, with only two (now one) game left in the season.

I wish him well. He overcame a lot just to get back on the field but clear to me he’s not the answer for UGA.

• MakdawgMakdawg Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Great story. I wish you well Mathis. Im sure you will be great. Its hard with Beck and Vandergriff coming. I hope Daniels stays one more year.

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We know what we have at this point with Daniels and Bennett. I would have liked to see Beck get some meaningful snaps in a blowout game. Don't understand why we don't see some gameday development of our back up QB's.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t know if D’Wan is a Power 5 or SEC caliber quarterback as I don’t see him every day in practice and have no expertise in evaluating football players. I do know in the SEC with the speed, size and talent level of defensive players, you do have to process and check down at warp speed. At this point, that seems to be his biggest weakness. I wish him luck wherever he winds up! Go Dawgs!

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who knows how D’wans status this year would have turned out had it not been his medical issue last year causing him to miss almost a full year of development. I wish him well. I think his parents are great people also. Hopefully D’wan will land where his talents can be used and will give him a shot.

Good luck D’wan, I will always be pulling unless you happen to lineup as a Dawgs opponent.