Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football opens as mammoth favorite over struggling Vanderbilt

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football opens as mammoth favorite over struggling Vanderbilt

ATHENS — Georgia football is a gigantic favorite over Vanderbilt in next Saturday’s game in Sanford Stadium, per VegasInsider.com. The No. 9-ranked Bulldogs (6-2) are a 35-point favorite over the winless 0-8 Commodores, who just fired Derek Mason and have elevated offensive coordinator Todd Finch to interim head

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Struggling is an encompassing term.....Vandy is that in sp*des! They had three close games against Texas A&M, MSU and KY. Blowouts by LSU, SC, Ole MIss, FL and Mizzou. FL was actually a good game for Vandy. They were for an early time seemingly holding their own. But as teams progressed throughout the season....Vandy actually regressed...except FL game. So we see that the buck stops with Derek Mason....seven losing seasons. That is football. New interim HC Todd Fitch was already in charge of the offense so no change there. UGA should be able to employ some younger players for reps against Vandy. Ya know, I would love to see Carson Beck for a down or two. What is this kid made of? I can dream.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 348 ✭✭✭ Junior

only 35? although, we rarely cover anyway.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

After Florida curbstomps the Vols in Kville next week, I predict Pruitt gets canned.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Kirby hires Derrick Mason as an analyst.

Mason seems like a good coach with a great defensive mind.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We all know that this is a game that if it was BAMA against Vandy that they would literally destroy them by half-time. 2nd stringers in the 3rd quarter and 3rd stringers in the 4th. Here' s hoping Kirby finally gets the backups a lot of playing time.

But I know in my heart he will shut down the passing game and shorten the game with the run and players will be left salivating on the bench.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Get out to an early lead, dominate the game, let Beck play the 4th quarter. You never know when he may be needed, could be against Missouri or the bowl opponent.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior