Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia game with Vanderbilt canceled, Bulldogs may be hunting new opponent

Comments

• Options
    Djackson0061Djackson0061 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

A&M makes the most sense for the SEC. The winner of that game can claim a much stronger schedule then anything Ohio State had and can strengthen the argument to get 2 SEC teams in the playoff. Georgia is a much different team now and a win over A&M will prove we are one of the best 4 teams.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

Maybe there'll be some sort of Christmas miracle where Florida suddenly has a severe COVID outbreak and has to pull out of the championship game (like Washington dropping out of the Pac-12 game) and we have to fill in for them against Bama, since we are the East Division co-champions. Hey, stranger things have happened.

(Updating from previous post above) -- I didn't know that Miami has an open date now because of Tech canceling on them. I don't know if SEC and ACC would allow it (or if the two schools would even want it), but I would think that would be a dandy matchup. UGA obviuosly wants to give its seniors a Senior Day with a game attached to it, and I'm sure after the egg Miami just laid against North Carolina, they're anxious to show that they are a much better team than the way they played.

But Dawg fans, just keep in mind that there are pros and cons to every decision. If that game were to be played, there's a good chance we could lose and in so doing, might very well cost us the chance of playing in a New Year's Six Bowl (probably the nearby Peach). If we don't play on Saturday, we're all but guaranteed of that? Would McGarity, Kirby and the SEC be willing to let go of a sure thing just for the sake of getting some seniors a chance to have their names called and call themselves the winningest class at UGA. They could have claimed that honor by now had they defeated Florida and Alabama this year, or South Carolina and LSU last year, or . . . you get the point. So I don't know. I'm a little betwixt and between on this one.

• Options
    Alexander_the_LateAlexander_the_Late Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ Junior

My first thought was "invite Tech", but I remembered that they had to cancel against Miami, so that's out. Would Miami even consider a trip to Athens? Arizona at Cal was cancelled, but BOTH teams had to pull out, so no luck there. Troy? They had this Thursday's game cancelled by ULM, which would have been a home game, so maybe they want to play someone, but also want to keep that possible game at home. Who knows? No harm in asking, I say. Right now, all I can come up with is either Miami or Troy, and I won't state a preference because I just want our guys to have a game, especially the seniors, but also absolutely everyone within and without the program that lives and breathes Georgia Football.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow..... not surprised.... just ballsy to avoid uga all together both times because you’re scared. Talk about a culture problem?? Tell me vandy ain’t got a toxic culture!

Id take any one. Truth be told if I could pick, I’d pick to play Florida again. I know I know... ain’t happening. Was just dreaming, but in reality I think we could score: coastal Carolina, tech, BYU, Michigan, or possibly TAMU. But if I’m A and M I wouldn’t want anything to do with this game. They stand to lose the most.

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not enough guts to back out of the UT game, but there was no problem stiffing us.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We may be biased but anyone that has been paying attention can see that UGA is presently a MUCH better team than we were at the beginning of the season. I doubt very seriously we can find another opponent that is willing to get curb stomped to replace Vandump.

I am willing to spend a Saturday in Sanford Stadium just to see these Seniors get the honor they normally would have received had Vandump not selfishly taken that away from them.

If we are not able to find another opponent, I hope we find a creative and memorable way to honor our Seniors!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looking for a silver lining, after Vandy backed out again. With early signing day a day away, maybe it gives Kirby just enough more time to sway another recruit who's still on the fence.

GOOOOODAWG!

• Options
    ColoradoSkiDawgColoradoSkiDawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited December 2020

How about Colorado? My son (CU grad) works for the CU football team and their Saturday PAC 12 division runner up game against Oregon in Los Angeles was cancelled today. Oregon in now playing in the Pac 12 championship due to Washington having to cancel due to COVID.

I'm a UGA grad (83), my wife is a Ohio State grad (89), and my oldest is a CU grad (2020) so a lot of fun during college football season. Live near Denver so football on Saturdays and skiing on Sundays this time of year;-)

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

GATECH is available.

• Options
    SCDawgFanSCDawgFan Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bring on Coastal Carolina?

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It would be an opportunity to avoid another UCF debacle. And who knows, could be good football!?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am going against the prevailing grain....end it ...Vandy is out as we all predicted would happen and not try and throw together some "game" in four days just to have a game. Honor the seniors and concentrate on the recruiting. This is getting crazy. We will get a good bowl game...look forward to that....why bang up a lot of players in a shoo-fly game?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BRING ON BYU. Wasn't some pundit raving about their QB that KIrby wished he had? OR am I misremembering?

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2020

ESPN reports that discussions with Colorado State have taken place.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    go_dawgsgo_dawgs Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

So did the men’s team cancel too or just the Vandy women’s team?