Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Covid Vaccine

BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I received my shot yesterday . The Pfizer vaccine. So far no big issues. My arm is very very sore, otherwise I’m good. Anybody else had their vaccine yet?

Comments

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm at the very bottom of the priority list but I'll probably be required to get for my trip to Japan next September

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Really appreciate all of you who serve in the Military and work on the pandemic front lines. You, the elderly, and other susceptible groups should be first in line and deservingly so.

Myself, feeling 90% sure I had Covid in early March, although not being tested (test were not even available at the time), feel that I'm going to step to the end of the line so to speak, and let those that I feel really need to get it the most be the first, second and third shots at it in line before me.....and yes, pun intended.

Good luck and safe keepings to all of you!!

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

So if me and my whole family has already had covid, do we need a vaccine? My oldest wants to get one but she's already beat it. Idk🤷

• PortlanddawgPortlanddawg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭ Junior

All scientific evidence out there says you can get it again. Many examples of people getting it more than once. Within three months of when you had it is when you can’t get that strain again. But after that, yes. Sounds like there’re at least three strains now, some more transmissible then others and all evidence is, so far, that the vaccine works on all. So yes… Get that vaccine even if you’ve already had Covid.

• rennerrenner Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm a nurse and because I just started at a new hospital....I'm getting mine the first day I have benefits!! Jan 1st. I can't WAIT

• dawggirl81dawggirl81 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2020

My friend is a nurse in NYC, and she had it in February. She had antibodies when tested in the spring (May-ish?), but was recently tested again, and no longer has them. She had a milder case, which may factor into her immune response. If you had covid in the spring and summer, I would not assume you're still immune at this point. If you want to check, antibody tests are super easy to come by these days. You can give blood through the American Red Cross, and they test for free (I've done this twice now), or you can go to Kroger and pay $25 and have results in 15 mins. I got tested last week because my boyfriend had covid over Thanksgiving. I never got it, though- which was confirmed by the antibody test. Kind of bummed! I was hoping I was one of those lucky asymptomatic folks. Oh well.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

All indicators say it works on all strains. Time will tell as this type of threapy is still new

• ziggyholidayziggyholiday Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What do you think about the turn around time for this, being that COVID was a novel virus? I’m not anti any of this and will be getting the vaccine, but I was curious about the process. I know industry turns out new vaccines for things like the flu every year but I would think that the situation is different than the year to year changes for the flu vaccine?

• Clean_OF_HateClean_OF_Hate Posts: 175 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have several friends that work in the medical field and this is exactly how they described the vaccine to me as well.