Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Todd Monken: Georgia offense takes 'get it done business' approach to Peach Bowl

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageTodd Monken: Georgia offense takes 'get it done business' approach to Peach Bowl

ATHENS — Georgia offensive coordinator Todd Monken is not looking for a do-over, or even wanting to spend much time going back down memory lane. But Tuesday there was a media responsibility for the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, and Monken is a pro who knows the drill and understands how the media works. Reporters ask

Read the full story here

Comments

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Monken and the way he calls plays is like a breath of fresh air. It's very unpredictable, which has been a real improvement over recent OC's.

Been very impressed with Daniels, especially considering he's only played something like 16 college games total.

Can't wait to see how Monken attacks the Cincinnati defense. GOOOODAWGS!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know we always talk about "next year", but presuming we have both Monken + Daniels, we should have a pretty powerful offense: probably one of the most dynamic in recent Georgia history.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Monken speaks and one can sense he is a cut above the Cincy offense...that he, JT and the OL are preparing something for Cincy they will not have anticipated. Just a sensing. The SEC through UGA is coming to town. This should be a huge afternoon for UGA team and fans.

Now, having said that....this..."Georgia’s immediate future on offense appears set for next season, though Daniels said he’s focused solely on the game with the Bearcats and has yet to fully commit to 2021 at UGA." This statement again surfaces..chillingly...leaving a lot of us to wonder what the future holds for JT and UGA? Without JT next year...square one again for UGA as a team. Brock V. will be recovering from knee surgery or will have just recovered leaving Bennett and Beck...unless another transfer shows up...and remains. You better pray JT decides to be a true Dawg and waits another season to build his draft status numbers. He really does need to do this. Talk to him Monken!!!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've seen a couple of Mock Drafts and one had Devonte going #16. The POY! That one lost credibility with me in a hurry. No way on earth he's available past 7-9. But I guess my point is if Devonte is projected at 16 there isn't any way JT makes it into the first round even if he lights it up in the Peach.

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I get the same sensing UGA66. I feel like it's going to be a special day for the Dawgs.

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

So did any of you trepid reporters bother to ask him why Daniels didn’t play a single daggum snap until the East was lost, or did that obscure question not cross your minds?

Three thoughts: 1) Monken may prefer a “dual threat” QB, but good coaches adjust their gameplan and playcalling around THE PLAYERS THEY HAVE, not vice-versa... 2) A QB is only a “dual-threat” if he can run AND pass. Mathis ran around like a chicken with his head cut off, and Bennett was mediocre at both running and passing.... 3) I hope Monken (and Smart) have noticed that Alabama’s QB is not a “dual threat”, yet lo and behold, they are #1, undefeated, and are sending THREE offensive players to the Heisman ceremony.

7-2, potentially 8-2, is underwhelming and under-achieving. Monken is no success story yet at UGA.

Far from it.