Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Brock Vandagriff: Positive UGA checkup yields hopeful news for torn PCK

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageBrock Vandagriff: Positive UGA checkup yields hopeful news for torn PCK

Brock Vandagriff got his medical checkup by the UGA training staff this week. The news is good. Very good for Georgia football fans hoping to see him ready to practice at full strength in his true freshman season in Athens.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That is awesome news.

• KhunKhaoDawgKhunKhaoDawg Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

"His father confirmed that knee with DawgNation on Tuesday morning."

LOL Jeff. Griffith copy editing for you now?

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dont wanna put the cart two states ahead of the horse but the kid has a Tebow look and sound to him when you watch film and hear him speak.

just saying

• WR_Dawgs_Fan88WR_Dawgs_Fan88 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Dude, Brock looks more like Brick Vandalift in that cover photo, the dude looks YOKED aka RIPPED aka JACKED aka his arms looks pretty muscular!!

I can't wait to see him getting plenty of reps next season!! That is, during garbage time, after JT Daniels has put up a solid 30 through 3 quarters, and the Dawgs already have a 20+ point lead!! lol

Jones, Morris, Van Pran, Fairchild/Ratledge, and Mims are going to combine to give Vandagriff plenty of time to make and extend plays come 2022, and they'll likely combine to be in the running for one of the best O-Lines in the country!!

Then, Vandagriff will have the likes of Milton, Edwards, and Carroll all helping him out to form one of the best 4-headed rushing attacks in the country. The running game should also help really open up the play-action passing game.

Using play-action, we should see Brock be able to utilize some of his mismatches going down in the seam in Washington and Bowers!! Then, Vandagriff will also have some serious speed threats and solid route runners to work in the slot and on underneath routes, and on the outside in Jermaine Burton, Arian Smith, Dom Blaylock, Rosemy-Jacksaint, Justin Robinson, Meeks, and Mitchell..

Not to mention, you also have to consider that is not even including some of the studs that UGA is going to bring aboard their 2022 class. The Dawgs are aiming their sights high on several key spots, and they're likely to reel in quite a few of their top targets!!

With the Dawgs really diversifying their offensive attack with Monken, UGA finally adding multiple quality offensive weapons, and then Kirby and Lanning adding some really athletic DBs and LBs to better keep up with their opponents' passing game's, we stand a real chance of seeing our beloved Dawgs play for a National Title VERY SOON!!!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news! Have fun fishing Brock! Catch a big one!

• ancelyancely Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't forget player of year in FL as a junior. Carson Beck

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Glad he has a state title to show for the damaged PCL. When I saw him play in-person two weeks ago I knew the massive brace on his knee was not good news. I was very surprised to see his father having him run up the middle most often when they were in the red-zone. Praying for a full and expeditious recover!

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good news in 2020? I'll take it. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brock, my man, greatest news to get as 2020 comes to a close. I live in Florida, come on down, the water's fine!!!!

• RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any big-time receiver has to see the tremendous opportunity opening up at Georgia with Brock, JT, & Beck at UGA!! I love the way Brock spreads it around the field and includes the tight end in the offense!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I so hope this is true. It seems that with Georgia injuries, everything that is supposed to be just a minor deal becomes much bigger as time goes on. We find out NOW that Tre McKitty's knee injury from the summer (which was supposedly minor) never healed and actually held him back. Arian Smith was supposed to only miss 2-3 weeks of the season initially. And less we forget, JT Daniels was in the running to the the OPENING GAME STARTER, only to find out that his knee really wasn't sound until (we're told) AFTER the Florida game. Again, I hope what we're being told about Vandagriff is true, but our history with injuries gives me pause. Go Dawgs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't need a lot of muscle mass to throw a football, sure he enjoys lifting and setting records, pretty macho, I get it, but just more risk of something popping when you are pushing it to the max. Check out JT, slight looking fellow, with great touch.

On second thought I do wish JT would add 10-12 lbs.