Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart confirms James Cook will not play in Peach Bowl against Cincinnati

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart confirms James Cook will not play in Peach Bowl against Cincinnati

Georgia will be without running back James Cook in the upcoming game against Cincinnati following the unexpected death of his father, also named James Cook. Georgia coach Kirby Smart confirmed the news on Wednesday afternoon in an interview with Cody Chaffins of Fox 5. "He found out I guess yesterday morning and he

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Deepest condolences, and prayers to the entire Cook Family.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dang, praying for you and your family young man....2020 needs to be over quick....

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am so sorry for this player's loss and for his family's loss.

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I started to read this with a DANGIT, and immediately switched to a daaaaangit. It’s a hard time of year for losses. Speaking from experience there.

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

very sorry for the loss to the Cook family. 46 years old is too young to die. James and Dalvin will be in my thoughts.

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

All Dawg fans are "with" you in this time of sorrow. You and your family are our family too. May friends and family find peace in the promise of one day being together again in the next life.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, way too young to be losing your father at his age. So very sad.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, I think the headline was a bit misleading. It was implied that maybe he didn't want to play or something like that - there's no "confirming" needed. Football is nothing compared to family.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lost my dad in October, huge UGA fan. Condolences to James and his family.