Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football opt-outs make it official, post farewell graphics

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football opt-outs make it official, post farewell graphics

Former Georgia football team captains Eric Stokes, Monty Rice and Ben Cleveland have made their Peach Bowl opt outs official

Read the full story here

Comments

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish all of them guys the very best. And thank them all for being a Dawg.

GO DAWGS!

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Opt out=quitting

• WesttndawgWesttndawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Ben is opting out to focus on his grades like he did last year.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've said it before and I'll say it again - players opting out is only a problem if we don't make the playoffs. Make the playoffs, play for a Natty, and we don't have this conversation at the University of Georgia...Finish the drill and stop giving me excuses every season.

GO DAWGS!!

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm glad these guys are going ahead and making their decisions public. It certainly helps with knowing where you need to be on signing day.

Good luck to all of the guys moving on and will enjoy watching all of them in the NFL.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We are proud of you, we just aren't proud of your grammar. Best of luck to all of these Dawgs!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just flipped by the florida-oklahoma Cotton Bowl. Gators had 7 opt outs hahaha, and look average without anyone to bail out Trask . The Only SEC team I won't cheer for, regardless of their opponent. GoDAWGS!

• KhunKhaoDawgKhunKhaoDawg Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anyone know if Mike Griffith"s posterior will require surgery after Coach Kirby Smart put that bruising hit on him the other day? Chip Towers never recovered from his hit!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, from watching Fla play without their starting receivers makes them look kind of mundane. Kind of like Fromm throwing to Landers, Bush, and anybody not named Cager or Pickens last year. Glad to finally have some decent receivers. I think BAMA has or will have 4 go in the 1st round the last 2 season combined. Think on that for a while, oh, and a QB and RB to boot. Not to mention 6 - 1st string All- Americans this year. An embarrassment of riches.

And yet, we supposedly recruit on par with them? Then why the disparity come ALL American and NFL draft time and Bowl time? Could be coaching and development , or just not hitting on the right dudes in recruiting. I guess all 4 and 5 star recruits aren't the same, apparently. Their dudes just better than ours.

• DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't give a rats ass how good you are, how good others think you are, or much less, how good you think you are, if you have not embraced the concept of TEAM first during your time at UGA, you are a loser. No amount of BS cliches poorly written or eloquent can excuse your deficits fore you have identified yourself as a "me first" player and if I were an owner of an NFL team you would never be considered.

• GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

College football continues to get more watered down by the year. And the more we treat players as professionals rather than amateur athletes, this trend will continue. When the NCAA allows for paying players for their likeness, the sport will become even more watered down. Over the past 15 years we have seen, by university spending alone, the entire league morph into a 4-5 team competition on who can win the national championship. It's the same old suspects year in, year out. 30 years ago, programs like GT, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Syracuse, etc, could put together championship runs. Not anymore. And it's such a travesty for the sport as a whole.

• harleydawgharleydawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore

Good luck to all that have played for the red and black this past season, given the circumstances of 2020, you all have done an outstanding job and the Dawgnation is very appreciative. All are DGD"S. Go DAWGS!

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm nobody, but I guess I can understand the injury--prone guys opting out to preserve the chance of at least the first nfl contract. The rest, I'm not a fan...

• CTDCTD Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

YAWN....Could care less....