Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Cincinnati has 'tough and nasty' plans in store for Georgia in Peach Bowl

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageCincinnati has 'tough and nasty' plans in store for Georgia in Peach Bowl

Cincinnati football coaches and players say they are coming to win, and they are ready to get physical with Georgia to get the victory they seek

Read the full story here

Comments

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Run them off the field boys! Let show em how nasty some junkyard dawgs can get!

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We better show up , look at Florida....

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Play "Nasty?" What the heck does that mean? Are they planning to target, chop-block, poke eyes when on a pile, throw shoes?

I believe this will be a satisfying win for the winner!

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Miss st best Tulsa today tabs they took Cincinnati to overtime. We beat miss st so I hope that’s a good sign.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I expect the first quarter to be a lot of crazy plays by Ciny and I expect them to lead for a bit. They may even lead at half time. They can't win though - we have too much depth and I'm sure each player on the field for our team is a solid 1+ star higher than his Cincy opponent. By the 4th quarter when Cincy is used to things slowing down, we'll be hitting harder and I expect a big 4th quarter.

Our problem in the past has been a conservative offensive game + inability to do anything against a loaded box. Now with Daniels + Monken, Georgia will punish them with a pass resulting in a TD. Trick plays haven't traditionally fooled us, it's been the stacking. No longer an issue. I think we'll show some impressive play.

• BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

They barley beat Tulsa by 3 points and MSU pounded Tulsa today and won, yes by 3 points but was a 10 point underdog. Stop the hype Dawgs gonna punish them!!!

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We don't play nasty. We play mean.

Meaner than a junkyard dog...

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

“The style of football that we pride ourselves on is tough and nasty,” Dublanko said. “We’ll play that brand against a team like Georgia.”

GO GET 'EM, DAWGS!

GO DAWGS!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think FLA had any 1st stringers on either side of the ball last night. No shame getting beat by the Sooners. It will be more than embarrassing for UGA to get beat by Cincy if we play most of our normal starters. I don't see that happening though.

• jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we are ready, we should win. We can't afford to be like Auburn in 2018 ( loss to UCF in the Peach Bowl! ).

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sure hope this got posted on the Dawgs bulletin board !! KS hates praise from opponents as well he should we all know his “rat poison” philosophy. But comments like This from the Cincy D Coach and players is Good stuff for our guys !! Also if they do indeed play “nasty” if that’s more than just talk I sure hope the refs spot it right away and flag it !! I’m not saying it is more than just talk but I can’t help but to think back to some teams we’ve played over the years who by all appearances seemed to be trying to permanently hurt our guys. I despise that in Any team. I want our Dawgs to play hard, fast, mean, with heart, but I would Never want to see one of our guys deliberately cheap shot an opponent. If our guys hit a guy so hard Legally that it puts him out of the game well that’s Football !’ Dawgs NEED to win this game and by a Very solid score at that. It helps to set the pace for 2021 And it may well have some positive recruiting implications for us to. Sorry so lengthy. I’m excited and more than ready to see this game !!! Go Dawgs !! Sic Em !!!

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think "nasty" means anything other than toe-to-toe, smash mouth ball... the same thing we like to bring to other teams. Make no mistake, if we have even a fraction of our players just going through the motions, our team will wind up on the worse end of this rumble. But as I've said before, if even our 2s and 3s are coached up and have a consistent mindset, we should be too much for even a fully primed Cincy to handle. Go Dawgs!