Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tyson Campbell announces his decision regarding his future

SystemSystem Posts: 10,428 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageTyson Campbell announces his decision regarding his future

ATHENS — Georgia football junior cornerback Tyson Campbell has decided to declare for the 2021 NFL Draft, announcing his intentions in an Instagram post.   View this post on Instagram A post shared by Tyson Campbell™ 🏈 (@tysoncampbell_) Campbell, a 6-foot-2, 185-pounder, started at cornerback all 10 games this

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bummer news, but I wish Tyson the best. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dang. But makes room for very skilled next men up who need to double-down on their prep for next season. Good luck, Tyson. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Trent Thompson --> Jake Fromm --> Tyson Campbell

I really root for the kid but I don't see an NFL corner yet. Feels like he could've really benefitted from another year of coaching but best of luck to you.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2021

I too believe Tyson is making a sizeable mistake; but, I hope I am wrong! NFL management typically does not want to pay someone millions to be developed. I believe Tyson also could have made significantly more money and been drafted higher by developing one more year at UGA. Patience is a virtue.

Thank you for your time with the team Tyson!

• Options
    HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really hate to see guys with such obvious ability but still a lot of room for polish go to the NFL and risk being out of the league in a couple of years without ever getting a huge pay day. Tyson should commit to polishing his game in the next year and be one of the top few corners taken next year. It's not like he's an RB with limited tread. I don't get this one.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think this is a mistake he will regret in the coming months, but hope I’m wrong. Best of luck and wishes for a long career in NFL.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agree with the general consensus, Campbell is making a mistake. Nothing like completing your education with a degree and polishing your immediate trade.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

When you are young and have all the answers! Good Luck! 5th rounder at best.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanks for the hard work young man, we are fans, but its your life. Go and get your money!

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everyone is on here hating, yeah he gets beat a lot, and yeah he probably needs one more year, but many draft experts and sites have him as a low 1st rounder or high 2nd rounder.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everyone is on here hating, yeah he gets beat a lot, and yeah he probably needs one more year, but many draft experts and sites have him as a low 1st rounder or high 2nd rounder.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

He seemed to be a magnet for nit picky PI calls; there were a lot that went against him that I thought could've been let go. Also, it seemed like on a lot of the times that he did get beat, it was by an excellent/perfect throw into good coverage. That said, I do think he could stand to improve on his consistency. But with a high projection, I guess I can't blame him.

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you can improve your NFL draft stat from another year of college ball you need too stay, If you can't improve your NFL draft stat from another year of college ball you need to go, Campbell could have improve his NFL draft stat, from what I saw of his cover play he was always holding, and had his back to the ball many times, keeping him from making a play on the ball.

• Options
    Billy21Billy21 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭ Junior

We will see how well the remaining DB's have developed... Wish Tyson would stay to be a leader of that group but we will see who rises to the occasion. Hope the offense will be clicking really well to offset our secondary defense early on (0R) that the D-line can penetrate and dominate the line of scrimmage to get to the QB fast enough.

• Options
    Billy21Billy21 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭ Junior

My question is... what information are these players getting that makes it worth it to declare for the NFL draft if you know your late second round or later??? Or is there something going on that they want to leave early and knowing they can live with a second round or later pick?

Just curious to know what all information is given to them to make a decision.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he can go in the 2nd round then by all means go. Maybe there's a shortage of guys who can run fast or something, or they're just short on DB's in general this year., but this kid will be fortunate to go in the 3rd round. Good, not great, player.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best Wishes T Campbell! Next season will be so much tougher now that we've lost out three most experienced Cbs.

• Options
    vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

Best of luck in the NFL. You will be missed. I appreciate the way you always carried yourself and the way you stuck with UGA all the way through the Peach Bowl. Thanks for all you have done for UGA. Go Dawgs!