Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jordan Davis announces he is returning for 2021 season for Georgia football

2»

Comments

• HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is a HUGE win for Jordan and the '21 Dawgs! I think he'll be a top 15 pick next year and the biggest difference maker on defense in college football.

• IowadawgfanIowadawgfan Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Thank goodness.. ball out next year and make that money helping your brothers win that natty .. good for you ..

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is a huge relief. I'm really surprised and "tickled pink" at his decision. Top 5 pick next year. I'm looking forward to watch the Big Dawg (literally) eat.

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

honestly, I am shocked. But this is HUGE!!!!!! Well Done Jordan Davis, well done,

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Devonta Smith is a senior this year. He is the benchmark for what happens if you stay with your team for your senior year.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Man that is huge (pun intended) JD is a game changer.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jordan Davis just might be the most important player on our team with the possible exception of the quarterback.

This announcement is wonderful news to Dawg fans, his coaches, his teammates, and the whole of college football. Another year in the S&C program and on the field of play is bound to improve his draft stock.

Has a defensive lineman ever won the Heisman?

Go, Dawgs!

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am sensing some Hungry Dawgs coming back next year. Right now I believe Clemson may be in trouble....

• Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Awesome news! He is irreplaceable, when he is on the field the defense is so much better than when he is not.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now with Devonte and Jordan anchoring the middle teams will be forced to pass and that means guys like Anderson, Smith, Tindall, their sack numbers should jump substantially. And don't forget Trayvon Walker and Carter on the ends.

Something probably most didn't know but it is pretty remarkable. David Marshall, Trayvon Walker and Tye Fagan (on the UGA basketball team presently)are all from Thomaston, Ga. a little town of 10,000, 60 miles south of Atlanta. The school is Upson-Lee. Fagan and Walker were part of our 1st ever back to back 4A Highschool State Championship team in basketball a few years ago. Represent!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great News !!! Big Jordan Thank You !!! I hope the 2021 season is Awesome for you !! And I’m confident it will be if all is well on the pandemic front. You just put a big smile on this ole Dawgs fan face !!