Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Elite 2023 ATH Treyaun Webb decommits from UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,693 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Elite 2023 ATH Treyaun Webb decommits from UGA

Treyaun Webb is one of the finest athletes in the Class of 2023. He made the decision to commit to UGA back in October of 2019 despite being very early in his process. Webb opted to back off that pledge after released his current top 6.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 159 ✭✭✭ Junior

A lot of this does not make sense. If a quote doesn't make sense or add to the story , leave it out.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He is just probably 16 or 17 yrs. old....who has gotten some big hits from other schools since UGA commit. He could re-commit down the road ...couple years yet. So much for these youngsters to handle as young teens...IMO. Lots of inside and outside pressure. Hope he decides to become a Dawg, but wish him well if he does not.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 483 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We're talking about a 15 year old kid? I don't think we in DawgNation need to worry now. I'm sorry that the kid seems confused. But let's get on the more pressing issues.

• Options
    CTDCTD Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman
    edited January 2021

Oh...brother....another ridiculous set of comments.

"Committed" is a Lie these days.

Just sign on signing day with whomever....spare us the dang drama

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Obviously this is news, but it's certainly not a big deal.

Wake me up when we proffer 4th graders.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is exactly why it’s a waste of energy to get too excited about freshmen, sophomores and even juniors n high school committing to any school. Many of us here have raised our kids and know they can change their minds three times about what they want for breakfast. Forget about them knowing what they want more than a year away. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm like the other posters here, this isn't anything to be alarmed about. I still wonder why these kids even bother to commit at all, at least publicly. Just tell the coaches at the school you want to go to so they can make their plans and then sign. But in any event, no 9th grader needs to commit anywhere. The only thing about this that sort of rubbed me the wrong way was the part where it says UGA is his "dream school." If you get an offer from your "dream school," what else are you looking for? Your "nightmare school?"

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2021

I know this is what we do, but honestly, getting all twisted about a dude who's years away is really pushing the "who cares" envelope. Look, UGA isn't going anywhere. If players want to come here and compete and share the unique "family" experience of playing for Georgia - and graduating from one of the finest state institutions in the country - great. If they don't, also great. Not much doubt that UGA will be able to fill its scholarship limit. More likely, Kirby will be doing the pretzel dance every year, trying to fit in all the +++ athletes who want to come play DAWG football. All UGA can do to influence any of this silliness is win football games. Think ALA is in all agitated about how a 16 year-old high school sophomore is feeling today?

Since GA offered him, let's assume they want him. But if he doesn't come, someone else will. You build your brand and this all takes care of itself. Let's go beat Clemson. That's something we can actually control.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe he saw how poorly we run blocked against Cincy and MIss. St. Hummm. Probably just being influenced by his friends, as most 15-16 year olds are.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best Wishes to him, hopefully we can get him back.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 193 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well some times I suppose you just need to something to write about and if it is a 2023 commit withdrawing, so be it. Hard to get excited one way or another.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good idea to step back and look at all options, this includes UGA!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Most of those came after the spring of 2000."

Is he that good to get that many offers before he is even born?

Thanks for a good laugh.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no hard feelings to a commit that changes his mind for the 2023 class. I'd recommend that they all take every official visit they can, checkout every option and take your time.

In a Top 5 recruiting program like Georgia, nothing is guaranteed and so you might as well wait and see who else commits and find out who your competition is and find out who the coaches are going to be (or at least as likely as possible).

The ONLY way I'd commit someplace is if the school was pretty much guaranteeing me a starting spot and was fitting me in and even building a playbook around me (like if I'm a Top recruit).

Anyway, hope we get him back.