Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 takeaways following Alabama victory over Ohio State in 2021 National Championship

2»

Comments

• Options
    CTDCTD Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

Why do you keep the narrative flowing about what might have been if JF had stayed at UGA? ITS TIRESOME!

He was and is a traitor and a liar. His lawyer, his father, and himself perpetuated a lie that he needed to leave due to racial issues. It was FALSE! Besides...plus Jake Fromm should never have been replaced by this ME first player.

Jake too the program to cusp of a NC but the defense gave it up in one play in 2017-2018. In the 2018-2019 season, he had the team on the cusp of the CFP only to see the defense again collapse. In two games vs Bama...he played better than JF did last night.

Jake is and always will be a loyal and stellar face of this program's history. Nothing he did on the field should have led to being replaced by deer in the headlights JF. Every time he played...JFields ran scared.

Tired of this narrative from you and some Georgia fans that Jake needed to be replaced. Don't even go there about last year. 6 new receivers, inconsistent receiver and OL play, and injuries across the offense. Not to mention Colley was a disaster OC.

J Fields....A D. Liar!

Jake Fromm....A DGD!

• Options
    CTDCTD Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

87Dawg....you said it better in your few words than I did. Great post.

Think these knuckleheads will quit writing about J Fields and his UGA ties.

Geez it gets freaking old

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So, how many Heisman Trophy's has the great Justin Fields won? Answer, NONE. So, how many Natty's has the great Justin Fields won? Answer, NONE. So, how many Maxwell Trophy's has the great Justin Fields won, the trophy that goes to the best QB? Answer, NONE. So, all you armchair coaches that have been, and still are on the Justin Fields bandwagon, please just let it go. Remember, he was the one that quit on Georgia, and not the other way. Alabama, showed last night you must play as a team to attain the goals of playing for, and winning a Natty. Until UGA gets the players that put the team first and not themselves, we will always be looking up at teams like Alabama.. The closest UGA has come to winning that elusive Natty, was when Nick Chubb and company decided to come back for one more shot at it. Yes, they came up short 26 to 23, but I bet Ole Nicky's backside was all puckered up, and did not get relief until Devontae Smith caught the winning TD.

• Options
    LtempleLtemple Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Alabama did not win every game by two touchdowns. The SEC Championship Game was the exception. They won by six points over Florida.

• Options
    jg74jg74 Posts: 13 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited January 2021

It's funny how emotional some Georgia fans get over the name of Fields, a TEENAGER, who transferred from UGA. I imagine some of the comments are from people well over the age of 20. Lol! You would be naive to think that Fields would not be associated with UGA until he left college. It's natural and it's okay. It really is. I think the feelings have more to do with our lack of accomplishments. It's not his fault. I wish him well in the future. Going to OSU did improve his stock because they have a better history of using QBs. I hope UGA gets its act together to make a championship run next year. We have the talent we just need to get everything clicking...that includes the coaching.

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Justin couldn't have become with UGA what he became at Ohio St. just a fact. Last year was Coley , a freshman receiver, a banged up transfer and an offensive line that struggled to convert 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 . Might have faired better this season, but with Covid and a new OC whose to say? In the end his leaving worked out well for him. Seems like a good kid and a low key cerebral kind of guy. He isn't Ra-Ra like Jake. I don't even remember seeing him talking too much with anyone on the Ohio St. sideline. Heck of a competitor.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looking back at the intricacies of this offensive performance by Bama, did Sark just put together the best offensive game plan and schemes in the history of college football?

Me think so.

Texas must be smiling right now...

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't know if titles are what attracts upper classman to stay at Bama. There has to be something else. Bama always has great athletes, a cut above the rest. Obviously, player development is important. But Bama always seems to have more upper classman than other teams. Maybe it's just an intuition, though. What is Saban and his crew doing to keep guys in school? I would assume Kirby knows the tricks since he worked for Saban for so long. Of all the players leavibg for nfl, many are projected in the lower order where the money is not as good. And if you leave early, without an education, and you wash out after a couple years on different teams practice squads, what do you have?

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you @ATD. Must tip my cap to Saban and Alabama. Seven championships is no fluke. He's legit and so is his team. I will say (and Herbstreit made this point often last night) that what sets Alabama apart is their commitment to the team and to the common goal. Devonta Smith is the best player in college football and he lets his PLAY do the talking, not his mouth (memo to George Pickens). Najee Harris is one of the best running backs, if not the best, in the country. Again, he lets his play do his talking, not his mouth. Mac Jones was the epitome of consistency all year. No off game against Arkansas or Mississippi State. When receivers were open, he didn't miss them. When they needed five yards from him running, he ran for five yards. Patrick Surtain didn't even get any post-season awards, and yet the guy was NEVER out of position. And when he made a play, he just ran back to the huddle to make another one. No standing over a tackled player, or sticking his chest out and strutting all over the field. I looked at him play this year and compared him to Tyson Campbell (who was supposed to be almost his equal) and there is just no way. Surtain is head and shoulders above Campbell, and we'll soon find that out when the NFL comes calling. But with Alabama, the mantra is just play the game, win the game, get your championship trophy and go home. When UGA develops that kind of team-above-all-else culture, and finds guys who say they came for a championship and plan to stay until they either get one or their eligibility expires, maybe then, THEN, we will be champions. I admire Saban. He fishes for players in the same creek we do but somehow, the fish he catches always taste better than ours. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

I think it's a combination of several things on why more players come back. Titles are one thing but player development is where Saban shines probably more than any other coach on the planet. Players trust his advice. Why not come back another year if you can become a better player, have better skills, and command more money in the NFL?

But, Kirby has had many guys come back over the years - including a bunch for 2021 - that makes me think he is doing something right on the development side. Players have more to prove with the Dawgs. I go back to the "process" that Bama has that instills a winning attitude to such a degree that players, fans, and the entire organization not only believes they will win - they expect to win and they deserve to win. They believe they are the best at Bama. I don't see that in the Dawg's organization. Too many doubters and too much hesitation. Dawg fans have seen so much disappointment, frustration, and unmet expectations over the years that when we actually DO win against an equal or better opponent we are relieved, shocked, and thankful. That mindset has got to change, because it permeates through to the players, coaches, fans, and the entire organization.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That poor white middle linebacker chasing smith there made me laugh til my ribs hurt last night.