Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Defensive back Tyrique Stevenson makes it official, announces transfer to Miami

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageDefensive back Tyrique Stevenson makes it official, announces transfer to Miami

Tyrqiue Stevenson is no longer a Georgia Bulldog, as he officially announced his transfer to Miami on Saturday evening. Stevenson thanked Georgia in a social media post. "Want to thank UGA and the entire football for staff for everything they have done for me," Stevenson said. "I am grateful for all the opportunities

Read the full story here

Comments

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Makes zero sense to me. He would have been a starter on a higher profile team against better competition. Same for Jermaine Johnson. Something behind the scenes must be driving these kids away. Guess this is the new game today.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I truly believe his departure has to do with home sickness. Some guys leave for that reason, some leave because they can’t crack the line-up here at Georgia, and some leave because the grind is to much for them.

hopefully Tyrique finds what he is looking for.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No matter how anyone feels i understand. Thanks for the hard work while you were here. Go chase your dream. Now we will see these old schoolers and those young pups stand or fall. Go eat big dogs

• SCDawgFanSCDawgFan Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Best of luck to him. Hope he can help them beat Clemson!

• DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wish Tyrqiue nothing but the best, but like BA has said, I'm a little concerned that Miami appears to have targeted him to get him to transfer, which, while I'm not saying that doesn't happen, still seems shady. Good luck Tyrqiue and thanks for your contributions to Georgia!

• vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

The kid missed home. To me that is as good an excuse as any. We got D-Rob because he wanted to play closer to home. I wish he would of stuck around another year which is sure to be his best year to date, but I wish him the best in Miami. Thanks TS for all you did for UGA. Go Dawgs.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish TS the best of luck and I understand it was time to move on if he was unhappy in Athens. I’d rather have a HS JV player who loves the Dawgs than someone who is unhappy and has his heart and mind elsewhere. Go Dawgs!!!

• CTDCTD Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

Missing home??? Right.....

He's been in Athens for 2 years. A nother lame excuse.

It was Miami papers who were saying that Miami should try to get him to transfer there. This was before the transfer portal was announced. Something is fishy here all the way around. I do not wish him the best of luck. Hope he falls flat on his face as Miami certainly will next year....again.

Enjoy the crime/drug ridden streets of Miami. Fine. But don't think that it will be forgotten that a traitor resides there. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Enjoy the Toilet Bowl next year and beyond.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is so much wrong with college football.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

TS. Thank you for all that have accomplished for Georgia. God bless the young men that will be taking his place in 2021! Go Dawgs!

• GasDawgGasDawg Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Good luck young man in all you do! I hope you find what you’re looking for!

Go Dawgs!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, I think all student athletes should ALWAYS have the option to transfer to their "home school" and be close to family.

Sorry to see you go, good luck to you.

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

good luck to you. I think you will regret this decision. Miami is NOTHING special.

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Started x games.” Please tell me you’re not a Journalism major,

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

The "U" is not the Band it use to be.......good luck Tyrique in getting written about in the local paper while your former team continues its National Brand in the national media.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

On the surface it makes no sense to me for him to leave which makes me wonder.

Go, Dawgs!

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He made a fantastic play that literally won the Peach Bowl. He made an intuitively challenged decision. Hope it works out for him. We'll miss his talent if not his loyalty. As the song says, "hit the road Jack".