Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Malik Herring reportedly tears ACL while participating in Senior Bowl

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageMalik Herring reportedly tears ACL while participating in Senior Bowl

Malik Herring had been having a strong week down in Mobile, Ala., at the Senior Bowl. That's what makes Thursday's news that he suffered a torn ACL all the more gutting. Rivals' Anthony Dasher was the first to report the news that Herring tore his right ACL. He was spotted on crutches during Thursday's practice.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

****! That is horrible terrible news for Malik. Keep your head up, and you'll be back soon enough.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best wishes for a speedy, and full recovery Malik!

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Webb had an interception of former Wake Forest qb, Jamie Webb. Conner mistakenly stated he was a one time UGA qb.

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well, I suppose the players will likely start opting out of these as well. I hate this for Malik. Hopefully, someone will draft him knowing he'll most likely have to miss most of the next NFL season.

• vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

Terrible new. Best of luck in your recovery.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Man, I'm gonna go ahead and state the obvious... 3/7 players we sent to the Senior Bowl now can't play due to injury... anyone know enough to answer this... do we need to take a closer look at our strength and conditioning program and see if any of these may be preventable?

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry, I'm of the mind that we cancel all All-Star games. If the powers-that-be in the NFL don't know enough about a kid from game tape and scouting to make a decision, then on well. And no, I do not think this is any kind of break down with UGA's strength and conditioning coaches or program. Football players play hard and they sometimes get hurt. It's a part of the game I don't care how strong you are or how much you can lift. But just seems that you're right up to the cup, so to speak, and then get hurt in something like this. If you're good enough to be invited to the Senior Bowl, then someone obviously thinks you're good enough to play in the NFL. They can do interviews and measurements and testing if they like, but these kids shouldn't have to practice and play again until they have signed a pro contract. Go Dawgs!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Our prayers are with you Malik! God's speed. Stay positive and use your recovery as fuel!