Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia football team captains differ on Jamie Newman

2»

Comments

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Holy smokes, someone actually registered as my user name and added a ..11. Seriously?

Anyway, in a reply to the poser 87dawg..11, JT did not quit on his team. Transferring to another team after losing your role after an injury is not the same. There actually are valid reasons to transfer. If there is a kid sitting at third string on the depth charts who believes he is a better fit elsewhere that will improve his position then sure, he can transfer, I had no issue with fields transferring. My problem was in HOW he transferred.

Regarding newman, he did not transfer from UGA for a better opportunity. He actually did quit. He did not even get a season to try, he just quit. He transferred to UGA with the belief that he was "the man" and it turned out he was not. So, he just quit. He took his ball and went home.

But the biggest thing is, we keep hearing about him and his stories AFTER he never played for us and yes, it is annoying. He is not a football player for the University of Georgia. He was a student for a short period and participated is a few practices but that is it. He went out for the team and didn't make it, just like every other walk-on that didn't make it.

• Options
    87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

In reply to 87Dawg - J.T. Daniels wasn't forced out a USC and didn't lose his scholarship. I'm sure there are fans that would like him there as a backup, but he definitely quit on USC; the word quit means to leave or resign a position. Both players quit, you just agree with the reason one quit and don't agree with the reason the other quit.