Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia WR Demetris Robertson dealing with serious charge related to parking incident

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia WR Demetris Robertson dealing with serious charge related to parking incident

ATHENS — Warrants for Georgia senior receiver Demetris Robertson were issued earlier this week on the felony charge of interference with government property and the misdemeanor charge of theft by taking, according to the University of Georgia Police Department log. Robertson is in trouble after an investigation into

Read the full story here

Comments

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

What the hell was D-Rob thinking?

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is this really THAT serious? I mean it’s a probably drunk college kid trying to get out of some parking fines by stealing a boot. A felony????? Some laws are just insane.

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

This may be the time when the new Western Circuit DA is helpful to UGA athletes. He'll never end up with a felony and may get some sort of pre-trial diversion.

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

Must be a lot more to it than just this short story. i.e. car parked there for days or parked in the Dean's private space. Putting a boot on a car for a parking violation seems New Yorkish. If the car had a tag you know where to send the violation. If it was really really offending tow it

• Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

😊😊No matter what the facts turn out to be, I sincerely hope that D -rob doesn’t darken any doors in Athens ever again – he’s been nothing but liability to UGA during his initial recruitment, his transfer and his time on our roster.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2021

I’ve been frustrated with D-Rob since his recruitment. He played UGa for 2 years while in HS and then made his showboat announcement on TV at the College Football Hall of Fame. Of course he shocked everyone by picking California. We have literally given everything to this young man for 5+ years and it’s about time he gives something back. I wish him the best, but it’s time to grow up. Go Dawgs!!!

• HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

Very poor judgement, but seems like an over-charge.

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

This was and is a waste of time. Booting this car in an isolated parking garage over a weekend was ****. If this was such a big problem why not tow the car. This has Barney Fife written all over it.

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

You omitted part of my comment! Booting this car was stipid.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This has entitlement mentality written all over it. Regardless of circumstances and the lack of details that led to the charges, this is not something a well adjusted 23 year old man, not “kid”, the popular term to refer to football players, would even consider much less get arrested for.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Geeze dude. Do you feel this way about ever recruit that doesn’t pan out and makes a knuckleheaded decision? Christ, I’m glad you aren’t judge and jury on this one!!! I’m not intending to discount that he made a big mistake; but what about a recruit like Riley Ridley who did very little for UGA til his senior year that I recall. What if he’d made a mistake and people wrote him off, there’s a solid chance UGA doesn’t make that title run. D-Rob has also battled injuries, ALOT. Cut the kit some slack for crying out loud man.... that’s all I’m saying.

Is D-Rob on this forum? Lot's of votes down!

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2021

A buddy of mine told me about what you said. Wow! What an awful thing to say! I’ve seen some awful takes of yours on the forums before , but this takes the cake. What a shame that people will read the comments of an alleged UGA fan and think that we all feel the way that you do.

I sincerely hope you don’t grace any doors in Athens with your light ever again @Mickey_Hand because no one that I tailgate with, sit in the stadium with, or go on road trips with to see the Dawgs would welcome you.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Too bad. I have always liked Robertson.

Y'all think this is an arrestable offense in Tuscaloosa? Of course not!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

God bless you D-Rob. Everyone has made poor decisions in their life. I hope he receives leniency and is able to learn and grow from this. Get out there and show the world what you are made of young man!