Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia running back derby is off and running with intense competition

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia running back derby is off and running with intense competition

Georgia running back Kendall Milton is the most popular player in the backfield, but Zamir White is the incumbent and Kenny McIntosh and James Cook have put up great metrics

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ziggyholidayziggyholiday Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

what

is

wrong

with

you

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Been touting Kenny Mc for a while now. HE needs more carries. Seems like whenever he came in and got the opportunity to run the O-Line didn't block and the defense would be in the backfield almost the same time Kenny got the ball and he would have to dance and weave and break tackles just to get a 2 yard gain. Very seldom did he have a good crease. HE saved our bacon in the Cincy game down the stretch.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wonder why you left Daijun Edwards from your list. He doesn't want to go down. He's not a speedster, but he's fast enough, and he breaks tackles averaging 6 yds. per carry.

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Every time I try to get through a Mike Griffith article I’m reminded of the truism “Take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves.” He’s a sloppy, unprofessional hack who never even gives a once over proofread of his stuff, so no surprise his articles as a whole are clickbait garbage.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Milton, McIntosh, Cook, Edwards, White, Carroll...my preferred pecking order based upon film from last year. No one can dispute that White has not been the back he was in HS. Maybe another year of recover from the two surgeries is what he needs.

• Options
    SteveRSteveR Posts: 12 ✭✭ Sophomore

I'd like to see who got the most "short and goal" snaps. That could skew their yards per carry down. My guess is White.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCH There are only four slots available on Twitter polls.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JimmyBob Thank you for the valuable feedback! Have a great day.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Need to get more creative with Cook at back/receiver. Need to use our speed, A. Smith on jet sweeps.....this is why WR need to know how to block. Love Kenny Mac and Milton.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Word of the day; stochastic. I admit I had to go look that one up Mike. Thanks for ensuring I learned something new today. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    RedUga4EverRedUga4Ever Posts: 28 ✭ Freshman

This is all well and good, but if we have to depend on a run game, we are back to the Peach Bowl.

• Options
    SAVDGDSAVDGD Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People are sleeping on Daijun Edwards, and I expect White to look more like his old self this year, now 2 years removed from knee surgery. Chubb wasn't quite himself in 2016, but in 2017 he was a different animal.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I appreciate the comparative statistics. Also agree with Jon Edwards. No need for any of our backs to feel slighted preseason.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith thanks for explaining to @WCH why you left Edwards off the list. Wish you had taken an extra sentence in the story to explained that since it's an obvious question, and also so folks don't get the immediate thought that maybe Edwards is no longer a "current" Bulldog.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike doesn't need for me to take up for him, but he's a good reporter. A little loose with editing, but brings valuable information an interesting perspective that challenges my thinking at times. No need for name-calling. He's a good guy.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn't trade any of our backs. All are very capable backs, and fun to watch. And they're only making each other even better. We're not called RBU for nothing! And I truly do believe our running game will be scary good this year. Get after it, Dawgs! Let's go!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's going to be a good old fashion Dawg Fight!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I Love DawgNation it’s Free and it’s entertaining. I deeply appreciate Mike and All the DawgNation Reporters/Writers. And here’s a little news flash of I think value and importance, these Reporters/Writers are human, and there for prone to make a few mistakes along the way. It’s called Life. Having cancer and allot of other issues please allow me to share a little sincere and caring advice. Don’t sweat the little things in life. Savor every day like a hungry Dawg does a good steak !! Enjoy Dawgs football and when you are able the fellowship with one another. Now all I’ve gotta do is take two doses of my own advice every day and each day will be great !! Love you All Dawgs Fans !! Let’s hope 2021 will be a Great Year for Dawgs Football !! And let’s hope this blasted COVID stuff up will whither up and die out !! God Bless You All !!

• Options
    sanforddawgsanforddawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think the take away from this is that regardless of who is playing the Dawgs will be fine

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love that McIntosh got some love in this one! The guy on kick returns and his burst . . . just a great back. Milton's pretty good, too. What a nice duo. Then you add in Cook and White. It is foot all the way to the floor for four quarters.