Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Isaiah Wilson's future in doubt with NFL's Titans

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageIsaiah Wilson's future in doubt with NFL's Titans

Former UGA star Isaiah Wilson may be the wildest story of last year’s NFL Draft. Some thought the towering offensive lineman may have left college too early, but Wilson had a meteoric rise with NFL scouts and was selected at the end of the first round by Tennessee Titans. However, things went off a cliff from there:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What's the story on Wilson? Anybody know? I heard it was alcohol abuse. Is that true? In any case, it's sad.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am surprised! His parents made sacrifices to give him opportunities others dream of. He is an embarrassment to himself, his family, and UGA.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh wow, I didn't know. That's crazy. What an idiot. I mean, doing ONE of these things maybe, but all of them? Dude, what is wrong with you? You've gotten a 4 year deal that would take the average working man 230 years to get and you're trying hard to throw it all away. Teams don't put up with this crap anymore and I'm sure they have clauses to where they can drop you and basically make you untouchable to other teams in the NFL.

Do you know how much you make CFL players make? Around $100k. Per year.

Get it together man.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Livin the dream, that's what so many youngsters get preached to every day in the culture and in the music. It's Pinocchio on Pleasure Island, it's all fun for awhile. Then you become a jackass.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OMG Wilson....it’s time to grow up. You will literally go down as one of those knuckleheads who had it all and then wasted it away. I’m afraid this story is going to have a terrible ending. Too bad because I really liked this guy. 😢

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

From the looks of things, it doesn't look like he's long for nfl. He has the potential to be a true star and richer than his wildest dreams. His money will go in nothing flat if he keeps it up.

I thought he was a better guy than what he's showing. What a shame.

• Options
    ErminErmin Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Signing bonus of nearly $6 million.

“The player that was here in the fall was not the player we evaluated.”

Wonder why ????

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mental health is a big issue around the world and in the NFL. CoVID has exacerbated this even more. I hope Wilson get the help he needs and can provide his services to the Titans.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Praying this young man is able to turn things around quickly. I believe he will do it, with the help of Holy Spirit and the right people!

God bless Wilson and his family.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

NFL, Not For Long, when you pull the stunts that Wilson has done. Doing Donuts with a a car in an intersection, causing it to strike a concrete wall, then testing .113 when Tennessee has a BAC of .08. Going to a wild party at Tennessee State University when authorities arrive, he threatens to jump from a second story balcony to avoid an arrest, charged with trespassing. New Years Eve party in Miami, caught on a video with strippers and piles of cash being passed around like there is no limit. He needs help and a lot of it, but I'm seeing his future in the NFL being flushed down the toilet. He has only played 4 snaps in one game. Seems he only wanted the cash, and not a career in the NFL.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

He either needs to grow up or seek help for either mental illness or substance issues. He is about to wizz away a NFL career. If you are drafted in the 1st round you have the talent to play in the NFL. The only thing holding him back is his behavior.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Surprising and shocking.

• Options
    Dawgbreath40Dawgbreath40 Posts: 54 ✭ Freshman

I am not shocked, not even a little bit.

it happens all of the time in the NFL, every single year, and the statistics back that up.

especially with underclassmen that are 21 and 22 years old.

it’s unfortunate, but it happens.

Some players just aren’t ready to be instant millionaires at 21 or 22 years of age. They do not have the wisdom or maturity to realize it takes 10 times more effort and work to stay in the NFL as a starter for more than the National average of 3 years than it does to make it there from the college ranks in the first place.

that’s my opinion, of course.

• Options
    JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

It appears this NFL opportunity will slip away quickly for him. The responsibility is his but he must have hired the Three Stooges as his agents and financial advisors. They should have recognized early on that Wilson was a client that needed to be watched very close. A 'Slip Thru The Cracks' moment if I have ever seen one.