Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

SEC Network analyst Cole Cubelic: 'I might have Georgia as my No. 1 team in college football heading

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageSEC Network analyst Cole Cubelic: 'I might have Georgia as my No. 1 team in college football heading into the season'

Georgia figures to enter the 2021 season as one of the top teams in the country. ESPN's Way-Too-Early rankings have them slotted at No. 4 right now. But Cole Cubelic of the SEC Network is thinking that might be too low. He might have the Bulldogs as the top team entering the 2021 season. The biggest reason why? A

Read the full story here

Comments

• LamardleeLamardlee Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coach Dooley could "deal" that #ratpoison

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agreed — rat poison is flowing heavy and early this talking season!

• Dawgbreath40Dawgbreath40 Posts: 54 ✭ Freshman
    edited February 2021

It may be rat poison, but if the Dawgs are mentally ready and defeat Clemsux out of the gate in Charlotte, the sky is the limit for this team.

And Oh Boy, do I know a ton of Georgia fans that will be ready as hell to see that happen!

Go Dawgs!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We've always been overhyped and overrated (and then fall short), but I do have to agree with him for 2021. All I know is that whether or not we beat Clemson (although we could and should based on talent comparisons), we should waltz into the SEC Championship game.

Anything less than at least making the playoffs will be a HUGE disappointment and opportunity squandered.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

It really is a two game season. The first game is against Clemson. Win or lose, it will have no impact on reaching the SECCG. The East is probably the weakest division in college football. The second game will be against the West and will by far the most difficult. Winning both games insures a playoff bid. Beat Clemson and lose the SECCG makes it risky. Lose both, hello peach bowl.

• maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 2021

The players drive and determination to be champions have been lacking most of Kirby's tenure. To win his 1st national championship, Kirby has to find a way to inspire every player to dominate the guy in front of them for 4 quarters. The talent is there but the fire and desire have been inconsistent especially against teams with more or equal talent. 

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It is possible Daniels goes his entire UGA career undefeated! We will have a total of four games this season that will be challenging. Clemson, BAMa in the SECCG and two Playoff games. We truly will only NEED to win three of those to garner a Natty. I like our chances! Cubelic is using his grey-matter.

Go Dawgs!

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

More Junkyard will get us where we need to go, let's be hungry!

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

How dare anyone think positive about UGA?

• Dawgbreath40Dawgbreath40 Posts: 54 ✭ Freshman

Like Cole, I am very excited for the Dawgs potential this season!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Giant target on their backs.