Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

It's Still Two Weeks until Spring Drills. What do we do in the meantime?

MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm retired, so for me it's time to work on Golf. I'm about to give a tip that most good golfers and Pro's would probably think "Well, Everyone knows that". It's the hip turn.

So I've been a struggling golfer all my life. Started off trying to treat golf like baseball. Hit like 145 my first time. Over the years I've gotten a little better, but rarely break a hundred -- and always have a couple of mulligans. And the majority of the time, hit behind the ball.

So if You're a struggling golfer like me, I would recommend watching some videos such as You Tube videos on hip turn. And what I learned is every good golfer turns their hips back on the backswing and then turns their hips open on the down swing exposing their left hip (when looking down the line). Right hip if you're a lefty like me.

And if you do it right, it totally transforms your game. It's as-if you already completed your swing and then you hit the ball. And if you still struggle with the concept, try opening your hips at address, take your backswing, and execute your down swing focusing on open hips (belt buckle/belly button pointed forward at contact. Good luck.

Comments

• Options
    Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Try to figure out the swim league's covid protocols. Never mind, I'll just knock back "samples" for the Bourbon thread instead.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looking forward to that matchup with Clemson Mike Griffith. It's going to be a war. Two "top-five" teams in the first matchup of the season.

I can see it now: White and Milton trucking that Kowalski dude.

• Options
    emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Relative to the times, this is gonna b the equivalent of an Old School SEC Defensive slugfest with the first team to 27 pts emerging victorious. Way too early prediction: Georgia 27 Clemson 23 or 24.

• Options
    emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

But on topic, I'll spend most of my time daydreaming about the O Line competition that is to start in earnest March 16th because right now Salyer and McClendon are the only guys that u can write down as a starter in ink. Chad Lindbergh, Tate Ratledge, Warren Erickson, Shaeffer, CVPG and if he's 100%, Clay Webb will battle for 2 interior line positions assuming that Salyer is your LG, and of course Truss, Jones, Amarius Mims will battle to start at LT and Jones is my clear favorite there. 2 wildcards to keep an eye on, Dylan Fairchild and Micah Morris.