Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN host has spirited response when asked if 'this is the year' for UGA football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,451 admin
edited March 2021 in Article commenting
imageESPN host has spirited response when asked if 'this is the year' for UGA football

ESPN personality Elle Duncan was a guest on Tuesday’s Paul Finebaun show, and she was asked “if was the year” for the UGA football team. That launched the Atlanta native into a spirited reply: “(ESPN colleague) David Pollack said to me at the beginning of last year, ‘You watch them Dawgs this year?’ Watch them do

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Elle Duncan needs to have a baby and name it Tecumseh to help break the curse. I can't believe anyone is actually responding to this notion like she was serious, but in this climate of today it does not surprise me one iota. Holding on to statues, flags, and lost causes is so funny to me while our state of Georgia is purple turning blue. Yall have a blessed day.

• Options
    chillinnchillinn Posts: 20 ✭ Freshman

Bulletin board material if I ever saw it!!!!!

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

We've got any number of posters here more qualified to offer opinions on the Finebaum show than this ESPN bot. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    BullDawg88888BullDawg88888 Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

That is the expression of suffering from a long-standing Georgia fan. LOL! I feel her.

• Options
    BullDawg88888BullDawg88888 Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

After reading the comments below, you guys do know that her husband was joking, right?

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"cursed because of the civil war"? THat explains Clemson and Alabama's lack of success.

• Options
    DaveinSuwaneeDaveinSuwanee Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ah, a local girl. So like the rest of us, she really wants UGA to dominate but secretly knows it will never happen.

And yeh I know it was a joke, but didn't really care for the southern shaming about the civil war. What we should shame is the ongoing culture war.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good idea. All of 'em should quit trying to pick winners this far out. They make these definitive predictions when the probability is obviously against them. Then want to blame the team for not meeting expectations. Worst is, then another bonehead thinks the story is worthy of writing another story about!!! **** and wait for the season to get started.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

When ESPN farts, we can rely on Dawgnation to smell it for us.

Great work, Mike. The Pulitzer is on the way.

• Options
    Dawg01Dawg01 Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With that defeatist attitude we probably won’t. Geez

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I watch ESPN only when I have to (GA football telecasts), and I'm sure that I'm not the only one with that opinion.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2021

She chooses UGA Basketball, and talks about being "burned".. Get the medics ready, she'll suffer 3rd degree burns cheering for the DAWGS roundball team. Another so called sports "expert" who is truly clueless.