Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Fifth Quarter

DawgtracytDawgtracyt Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

I was at Georgia 80-84, me and Hershel.

The Fifth Quarter was my favorite bar in Athens.

I would like pictures of The Fifth Quarter and the sign. I'm naming a boat "The Fifth Quarter"

My college roommate called me one day. He said I've got the perfect name for your boat. If you spend half as much time on the boat as you did at the The Fifth Quarter, you'll get your money's worth. I think it's perfect.

I really would like to get the font and color correct. I've looked everywhere for a picture, no luck. I thought if any group would know or have a picture it would be this group.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawgtracyt

i was there with ya , 80-84 loved the 5th Quarter and to go totally local and redneck Coopers on the other side of town out Lexington Hwy

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2021

Family funny story: after listening to a Braves game on the radio once, my dad cut it off and announced, “I don’t want to listen to no FIFTH INNING Show!” My brother and I cracked up at the mixup, and ever since still joke about the 5th inning or 10th quarter shows!

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A friend suggested That I visit 5th quarter around Christmas time. The owner was dressed as Santa. Large man who seemed to try to intimidate his new customer. A dwarf was dressed as an elf. Surreal. Because I knew somebody I was advised to grab a cup and see what was behind a curtain. Legendary special brew that went down smooth and knocked your socks off.

• DawgtracytDawgtracyt Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Thanks for the match book cover. That's Perfect. Best thing I've got so far after a lot of looking.