Home Diamond Dawgs Baseball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Scott Stricklin interview

MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He talks about having COVID and what he told the team before they got on the bus to Nashville -- wow!

Tagged:

Comments

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know I'd have been jacked riding the bus to Nashville.. That series could turn a decent year with alot of pups into a glimpse of a trip or 2 to Omaha in the next 3 years. He's really picked it up in recruiting the last 2-3 years. We are EXTREMELY young, and while I think Ryan Webb has the highest ceiling of our weekend rotation guys ( with Cannon not far behind.) But it's been a while since we've had at least 1 guy that we started (on the road or at home) that ensured we'd have a great chance to win regardless of who we play. As long as we keep playing our tails off, get a little more consistent with whoever we start on the bump each weekend and keep hitting the ball hard; good things can happen. We have no lack of talent. Just experience.

• dawg_fan_66dawg_fan_66 Posts: 97 ✭✭✭ Junior

While I certainly echo your sentiments with this team, don't sell Wilcox and Hancock from last year short...pretty solid starters I'd say.

Oh not at all. I played single A ball in the Orioles organization and I'm certain both Webb and Cannon will go beyond what I did. Just as far as having at least 1 dominant that almost guaranteed at least 1 win in each 3 game set would mean the only thing necessary is to scratch out 1 out of the next 2 by any means possible. Every single start Webb makes, scouts are in the stands with a gun. Not as much with Cannon rn, but that's not to say he couldn't surpass even what Webb is thought to be right now.

• HunkerDown1MoreTimeHunkerDown1MoreTime Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That kid Jaden is gonna be in the starting rotation very soon too! Mid 90's from the left side as a freshman

edited April 2021

He'd absolutely be my closer rite now. I'm really confident in Harris, Wagner, Jalen, Pasqua, and Polk. We need to try to establish someone to fill that roll until they show that they can't get it done. To get out of that jam against UK against one of the best power hitters in the country showed more than just mid 90's with movement. Came in pounding the zone. After this year though I absolutely expect him to be a weekend starter.

Riley King just smashed one our dead center off clemson! 4-2 Dawgs

For sure! Jaden is a beast!! Look to see him in just a few min against clemson. Maybe in 7th or 8th

Was that not a bomb Riley King hit last nite folks lol. I know we had a few bombs, but he got every bit of that ball.

Forgot to throw it in the last statement, but besides Collins being a future 1st rounder, I'm willing to bet anyone that Parks Harber is as close to a Cam Sheppard talent as it gets. He can hit to all parts of the yard with power, and doesn't strikeout alot.

Riley's shot was a complete bomb to center!! Incredible , i watched all of the game , so glad be beat clemson again to complete the 2 game sweep for the season! Cole Tates was a mammoth shot too! Blast , very high and deep to left! Tate twins are killing it!

Yep Connor and Mcallister seem to be the hottest to me rn. Mac is tearing it up to be right around.360 with 4 hrs and leading off for a freshman in the SEC is saying something. Absolutely HAVE to win the series in Mizzou. But a sweep would be ENORMOUS for regionals outlook.

We looked terrible in Mizzou yesterday. Was hoping we could get a sweep there. Did last 2 yrs.

We tried to hand game 2 away to Mizzou. We've got to pick it up. This team hasn't won 17 games the whole year. Have to win Sunday and take care of an AU team that's not playing very good rn.

• donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, that bottom of the ninth was so weird. We were one pitch away from winning it in regulation. Not sure how often that muffed flyball would happen in one hundred chances - once?

Got to give the boys credit though. They fought back again and ground out a win. Their style was not cardiac friendly but I like their grit.

Yea I love Harris. He's#1 out of the pen for a reason. I would say he, Pasqua, Polk, and Woods have very bright futures.

We're gonna definitely miss the Tates when they leave. They do something every game for us.

Connor should have called him off imo. Long way for Floyd to go to make that catch. Even though he absolutely should have made the play. My question is why Mcallister was subbed for anyway. I didn't notice it until I saw Buddy hitting. But Mac is our leadoff guy. Has the highest avg on the team. Did he tweak something?

Hammy again smh.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What is the hop thing Crisp does when he's pitching?

Idk but he and several other guys are just giving to many free passes. Those walks always come back to bite us.