Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Adonai Mitchell makes the most of his opportunity with 'showcase' G-Day performance

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited April 2021 in Article commenting
imageAdonai Mitchell makes the most of his opportunity with 'showcase' G-Day performance

With all the injuries at wide receiver for Georgia, someone was going to have an opportunity to step up and make some plays. On G-Day, that happened to be freshman Adonai Mitchell. The 2021 signee was targeted a game-high 13 times, catching seven passes for 105 yards and a touchdown. The 24-yard touchdown catch was

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawgbreath40Dawgbreath40 Posts: 54 ✭ Freshman
    edited April 2021

Hopefully he will not be a Matt Landers 2.0 from just a few years ago.

That was a heck of a catch and pass in the end zone by Mitchell. Props on that catch.

Boy, the O line needs some work, both the red and black team.

If I was being honest, they looked pretty terrible.

I bet Coach is gonna have some tactful words to say about them in the post game pressers.

• Options

@Kasey

Sure.

DW0 trucking the defender. Milton looked good. DL looked stout.

Seeing my Dawg fans in the stands was nice.

Seeing Cook back on the field after losing his father (rest in peace) was inspiring.

Watching the backup position for QB was fun: Beck getting his chances to show off his obvious arm talent was great.

Watching the true freshman, all of them, that took the field and get some PT was nice.

JT looked how I thought he would- pretty good.

But it was disheartening to see the o-line leak like a sieve almost every single pass play thru the first 3 quarters, and the TD pass to Robertson would have been a sack in live action because the defender was right there on JT but obviously isn’t allowed to hit our QB’s in scrimmage.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

O-line was up against one of the top D-lines in the country and did OK. Nothing special but if the O-line had dominated, I would be really concerned about out starting D-line. You may not believe this but time will tell, this O-line is better than our past 3 years. Watch and see, they're still big but more athletic. You also have to take into consideration the offensive weapons we are missing at this point. When Jacksaint, Johnson, and Blalock all return this fall along with Kenny Mac, it will be hard to matchup man for man especially with the TE's we now have. Our QB situation is great. A top 5 starter and very solid backups.

• Options
    edited April 2021

@Tripp

This o-line is better than our past 3 years?

And you know this how?

And you are making this comment even after 2 of the OL being drafted in the first round of the NFL draft in the last 3 years!?!

With respect, you clearly have rose colored glasses on and are not posting opinions based in reality or fact.

Now you may want the OL to play better in 2021, and that’s really great, but your statement has zero basis in reality and disparages the OL that played from 2018 to 2020 and continue to play in the NFL.

And on another note: this UGA DL may be good this year, but this Spring game today didn’t have 2 of their best players because they are preparing for the Draft.

So that’s a pretty bold statement to make (again) not based on anything that you can prove.

And as far as “offensive weapons missing”, that is simply an excuse. Those “weapons” do not have anything to do with my comment about the OL performance today whatsoever.

And be sure to have that same excuse ready for September 4, because I am sure Clemson and Florida and Auburn will be happy to oblige us with a loss because we were missing some injured players. You think?

My goodness. Are you one of the Dawg fans that said “this year will finally be our year to beat Alabama and win a Natty”? It sure doesn’t sound like it with those responses.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod