Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia jumps Clemson in ESPN’s post-spring top-25 rankings

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2021 in General
imageGeorgia jumps Clemson in ESPN’s post-spring top-25 rankings

After a big spring game performance from JT Daniels, ESPN moved up Georgia football in its post-spring rankings. The Bulldogs moved ahead of the Clemson Tigers, who Georgia play to start the 2021 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2021

Oklahoma #1, must be some good stuff for schlabach to come up with that #1 😂

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Once I saw OK at #1 the rest was not to be taken seriously.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hmm... it's never good when we are predicted to be really good. But, I guess it all depends on Game #1 vs Clemson. I'm expecting that the odds will have Clemson at a 7 to 10 point favorite.

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

RAT POISON! And, there is a small issue and a huge issue I wish you'd address. First, the small issue - please, is there any way I can stay in logged into this site, for to make comments, one needs to be. I am a disabled vet who was exposed to Agent Orange. I attended UGA on the late eighties to late nineties, and my medical record at UGA is extensive, for I attended UGA on a grant funded by Vocational Rehabilitation due to a near death experience. Other than such exposure having caused a plethora of serious health issues (autoimmune diseases), it has also ruined my eyesight - to the point I could not get my driver's license renewed. I have to use a TV for a screen, and I need the characters at around 200 zoom. However, when zoom is on, I need to revert to a lower zoom to log back in (and then go to zoom again to enlarge it so I can read the script), and I am already having difficult enough time navigating the variances in daily life as it is. And, now, the huge issue - I have severe mobility issues. The stadium needs to be upgraded so it is accessible to those who are disabled. That my wife and I cannot attend games any longer, when we both have degrees from UGA, saddens me. As a student, I attended many games and recall them fondly. I would love to attend another game before I die. As it is, that seems like a pipe dream - and I have no pipe. Sorry to unload, but someone needs to know there are many standing in my shoes (sorry for the  clichés).

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope at some point we UGA fans can get to a place like say ALABAMA fans or Clemson fans are where when the pundits say we are the best bet to win the Natty or to beat a top tier team we as fans can say, "Darn Tootin" and not believe it to be a jinx.

I understand Saban and Kirby not wanting the players to buy into that stuff, but you can't tell me that when the pundits rate BAMA the preseason favorite as they do most years that their fans go, "Oh no!"

Maybe this is the year we change our mentality as fans. Not cockiness or arrogance and on the other side not like the Dr. Pepper commercial either where the whole town believes the guy jinxed the Field goal either. Somewhere on the more positive side.

• dawg_fan_66dawg_fan_66 Posts: 97 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't sleep on OK. They have a talented team and should be a tough out. Also, I would anticipate the UGA & Clempson line to be much closer to even than 10 points....depending on what goes on between now and then.

• emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know that it matters much at all where Georgia is ranked in the preseason. What matters is that the 'Dawgs get back to Atlanta with no more than 1 loss, hopefully none, beat the West Champion (Presumably Alabama but we'll see) and return to the CFB Playoffs where this team belongs. I don't think anyone on Kirbys Coaching Staff gives a hoot about preseason rankings, its where they're at after their 15th game that matters.

• WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 249 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Rat poison. Nose to the ground and focus on getting better every day....don't read the press clippings.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What does any preseason ranking matter? I would prefer to be the underDawg going into the contest with Clemson.

Maybe, but how hard is it to look good when half the teams you play have zero NFL caliber players. Zero.

• Nickelsonx1Nickelsonx1 Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is scary because ESPN is so out of touch!

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm pleased to see us "in the conversation" before the season. One of the hardest jobs of the coaching staff this fall is to keep another South Carolina from happening again this year.

True. We can't have any more let-downs. A loss to Clemson or Bama would be disappointing, but acceptable. A loss (or even a close game) for the rest of the SECE is unacceptable. Aub and Arky should be blowouts also. With the roster we have, there is no reason we aren't in the conversation. We should be a Top 3 team on every preseason list. Is it rat poison? Sure, but every media outlet should have us in that group of true contenders.

• BangersBangers Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Once we finally win the National Championship again, I think fans will finally be able to make that shift in mindset -- until then its credulity