Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint shows progress with insane one-handed catch

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2021 in General
imageWATCH: Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint shows progress with insane one-handed catch

Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint looks like he's getting closer and closer to returning to form following a season-ending injury. The Georgia wide receiver posted a video of himself making an incredible catch.

Read the full story here

Comments

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Now go to the right end zone and try to catch it left handed.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, but is he athletic?

Wow!

Go, Dawgs!

• donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Boy, you are a tough taskmaster. I'm happy with him catching one handed TD's in the right corner of the endzone.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ro Jack came out of nowhere during the UF game. And he looked gooooooood. Then the injury, bah. I'm excited to see what he brings next season.

And since you mentioned it, this fan hasn't forgotten about D Blaylock either. I sure hope that young man can get his ACL stuff behind him. Back when Pickens was wowing us all as a freshmen, Dominick was on the other side making plays too.

Finally, the future is looking bright at WR for the Dawgs.

• WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He is going to be great, wait and see.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been saying for months this dude's physicality is more similar to Pickens than anyone else on the squad. One can only hope. Go Dawgs!

• khummelkhummel Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

An addendum to my own post: One of the things that would sometimes frustrate me was Picken's propensity to try to one-hand too many balls. Looks good on the highlight reels, but not a particularly good habit to have. These big dudes need to get to the apex with both hands and then dominate the grab. Go Dawgs!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love this kid. It broke my heart to see him get injured last year. He is very, very special. Top three receiver on our team today! God's speed Marcus. The ankle is looking good!

This has by far been the worst year of my life for me and my family. I am looking forward to the fall like never before.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2021

To go on something of a tangent, and not to take away from the acrobatics of this catch and others like it, I do wish the use of gloves was more regulated. I get that as long as everyone can use them, no one team is getting an advantage. So I understand why it's been shrugged off from a rule standpoint. But speaking strictly as a fan (duh), it takes away from the enjoyment of each spectacular grab to have to wonder every time how much of it was the glove(s). I guess you could argue that if the gloves really are having an effect, then these entertaining catches wouldn't be happening in the first place. But that's kind of the point - it would be so much more entertaining and impressive when it DOES happen if there weren't any external help - and again, by taking them away it's not like any team would be more or less affected than any other. As it is, every time I see a nice catch, my first thought is almost always to wonder if he would have caught that with his bare hands. Or conversely, you take an average 20-something who likes to toss the ball around with his buddies and give him a pair of those gloves - what would be his chances of making that same catch? I don't know. It may still be a lot harder than these athletes make it look. But there's so much emphasis on the *amazing one-handed grab* in highlights and such, and they've become so common, that I can't help but wonder.

Not a big deal. Overall, I'd say I do still enjoy them. Just an idle thought that I felt like articulating.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Marcus one hand or two hands good for me....as long as he is healthy. UGA needs a healthy roster at WR again. I have my doubts about Blaylock......his second ACL tear. It needs to be total this time. Even then....?

• BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We've had too many practice warriors at WR who couldn't get it done in games to put much stock in a circus catch without coverage, time will tell.

• BangersBangers Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2021

You are right there would be less circus catches -- I like seeing those catches. Gloves certainly give them an advantage but it definitely still requires skill. I couldnt make that catch if I was wearing a baseball mitt.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Heck, I could make that catch --- with a lacrosse racquet with 6 foot shaft! LOL

Hope to see a lot of TD catches of any difficulty this fall - all by Dawg receivers.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm more excited to see his leg looking healthy than I am about a circus catch. I have a feeling this guy is going to be a game changer. He just has that prototypical elite NFL receiver look about him.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember the injury and how gruesome it was, and this guy never even winced. I would have bawled like a baby.

• emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Between Burton, Rosemy, Mitchell and Robinson Georgia appears to be in great shape at the outside Receiver positions and Jackson, Blaylock and Arian Smith should have things smattered, covered, and smothered in the slot. Roberson is in a contract year then u throw in Washington and Bowers and the pass catching prowess of K. Mac and Cook out of the backfield and JT Daniels is like 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁