Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What the future of the Georgia football-Clemson rivalry will look like

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2021 in General
imageWhat the future of the Georgia football-Clemson rivalry will look like

Georgia and Clemson are set to play each other 6 times over the next 12 seasons. While it might not be one of Georgia's more traditional rivals, Kirby Smart had no issue classifying Dabo Swinney and Clemson as a rival

Read the full story here

Comments

• donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • busterchapbusterchap Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia Tech???

• WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It will get back to the Dooley- Ford days very quickly if the Dawgs whup the Tigers in the season opener. And, Georgia is very capable of winning this game.

• emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It'll b back and forth as it should be between Heavyweights of this order. The 2021 opener is a Pick'em and I'll go Georgia by the skin of their Teeth similar to the Cincinnati game where a late FG decides it.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm just glad both schools got together and scheduled a few games. Georgia and Clemson are natural rivals.

Both schools have plenty in common, and their history has produced many great back and fourth epic games.

It would be great if Clemson and Georgia could play every year but not at the expense of the Tech rivalry which is a more special rivalry for me being a 'Dawg fan from Metro Atlanta.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow! This is huge. I had to re-read it to make sure I was misreading. At an average of every-other-year, that's a big deal for both teams. Does this mean there could be a future year where we play both Clemson and Bama in the same year in the regular season? I hope not.

I'm a bit surprised, because Clemson always has one of the easiest schedules of major programs and still gets the nod to be at the top and pretty much a guaranteed slot in the ACC Championship game if not a guaranteed victory. Georgia is no pushover and our generally has higher scoring recruiting classes (Clemson only currently has 4 recruits for 2022) and certainly has QBs ready for the future. Georgia will come away with a number of victories.

Anyway, that's fantastic and definitely great for College Football.

• donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just as a loss to Clemson doesn't rule us out of the playoffs, a loss to us doesn't rule them out. They certainly do have an easier league championship game though.

Another thing is, I think people are expecting a shootout Sept 4th in Charlotte but I don't see it that way. These r two of the top 5 Defenses in all of CFB and while I do believe that both teams will move the ball crisply and smartly in between the 20s, I expect the going to really get rough in the Redzone and the team with the best FG kicker and the best Special Teams overall will wind up winning and I've got the 'Dawgs in a 27-24 Defensive slugfest relative this Offense happy era of CFB.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2021

Nobody that's ever made such a broad answer has always batted .1000. But as time gets closer im beginning to think more and more every day we win by at least 10. This game for CU is their Super bowl because they play either great hs teams, or average hs teams in conference. Plus OOC games against Citadel and USCjr aren't exactly toss ups. I think yea w a young secondary there will be mistakes. But there's no guarantee that Ross is even gonna play in this game. And they don't have multiple burners. Ringo, Jalen and Speed are speedsters; which can't be coached. I can't see them rushing for more than 50-60 yards against our front. Make them 1 dimensional and pin our ears back and keep DJ's big arse buried all day and I think 4 touchdowns and maybe a FG wins it. But with Monken and JT prepping for them for the whole off-season, 38-28, or 34-28 wouldn't be a shock at all.