Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: Georgia football might not be done with the transfer portal yet this offseason

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2021 in General
imageWATCH: Georgia football might not be done with the transfer portal yet this offseason

The DawgNation team takes a look at some of the hot topics around college football, including the new NIL law, College Football Playoff expansion and the transfer portal.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't see wide receiver as a major concern. Certainly, the loss of Pickens hurts and he is a special player but our cupboard is stacked with talented receivers. I'm just not getting the doom and gloom at the loss of a single player at this position.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If there is room on the roster, find some transfers that are defensive backs and offer them what it takes to come to UGA.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Getting a big time play making receiver would be the icing on the cake. It would be a shame to have all the pieces needed for a NC except in one position, receiver. We have good receivers, we just don't have a George Pickens. If, and that's a big word, but if you could find a transfer approaching kind of ability, then by all means you take him.

• ultimatedawgultimatedawg Posts: 428 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Please do not go to the portal for receivers. It will be hard enough to keep some of the superior talent we have there now out of the portal next year if not this year. The receivers we need are in house already. Get them all well and we will be more than fine even if Pickens don’t make it back in time for the playoffs. I am a little concerned about the secondary but Kirby has challenged those young guys. I hope our secondary guys are working out with our receivers sharpening their coverage as well as watching film on every receiver we will face.