Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia basketball players K.D. Johnson, Andrew Garcia enter NCAA transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia basketball players K.D. Johnson, Andrew Garcia enter NCAA transfer portal

The madness of the NCAA transfer portal continued on Tuesday with Georgia’s Andrew Garcia and K.D. Johnson among 17 players announcing their intent to transfer in the last 24 hours.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The no sit transfer is turning college sports into a chaotic farce. I hope the SEC takes note and maintains their policy to sit out 1 competitive season before regaining eligibility. Won't solve the problem but will keep the SEC teams from poaching within their conference from each other.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2021

Crean enters portal after 2021 season..

• YankDawgDownUnderYankDawgDownUnder Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman
    edited May 2021

I wonder how many basketball fans will lose interest in college hoops now that this mess excists... I am one.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You aren't alone, was never a huge basketball fan to begin with. This latest move by the NCAA has pushed basketball completely out of the picture for me now.

• AirmanEAirmanE Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

I personally don’t understand the anger over the new transfer rule. If a player doesn’t want to be in your program you should want him gone. In my opinion effort and intensity was a huge problem for UGA basketball last season. Hopefully these new guys play like they want to win!

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited May 2021

I have a solution for the transfer mess. You can transfer as many times as you want. And play the year you transfer. But for every transfer, you lose a year of eligibility.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For all 9 that have left, I do hope the door hits them when they leave. Maybe all this transfer mess will settle down after one year when those that transferred this year tells all of next year’s players that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone know how to play taps? College basketball is moribund! Ridiculous. NCAA has ruined it. What are they thinking. I like the comment "Crean enters the portal in 2021." Dick Vitale is the only one I have heard taking the NCAA to task over this.

• YankDawgDownUnderYankDawgDownUnder Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

It's not the rule that I have a problem with, although it obviously needs amending. The issue for me is a lack of roster continuity from year to year.

In the current format, we have a better chance watching pros under contract than a uni team with underclassmen staying with their current team for more than one year.

College Sports is the one place where we can cheer for a player & University as they grow together. There will be so few Freshman that stay at their beginning school that I'm confident in its current format college basketball will fail.

Anyway, go dawgs!