Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Colt Brennan, 37, has died

tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most of us remember him from the Sugar Bowl. Only 37 years old.

Comments

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have not thought about him much since then but just doing some reading now and it seems like since that car accident in 2010 his life has been one of bad decisions. Some tough times for him.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Forgot about him..... I was thinking this was that qb from Texas.

Hate it for the family and the guy. Seemed like he was trying to do the right thing if I read it right.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, that is sad. Prayers for his family.

• Options
    dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Never realized he was my age. Was a fledgling truck driver so only got to watch the sugar bowl that year and was very impressed by the fight in the young man. Peace for his loved ones 🙏

• Options
    beanutputterbeanutputter Posts: 45 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sad, That was a great Sugar bowl.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very sad. The Sugar Bowl was just about as one sided as I had thought that it would be.... I knew he would get his “clocked cleaned” out by the Georgia defense. Anyway, the poor kid then. Rest In Peace to Colt Brennan now. Prayers of comfort, and healing for his family.

• Options
    RSDawgRSDawg Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

****, I hate to hear that. Hawaii should have never been in that game. Jackanapes like Herbstreit pushed for the match up and poor Colt paid the price.

• Options
    edited May 2021

He never had a prayer, they simply couldn't block us. Got sacked 8 or 9 times and knocked down probably twice that many times. Tom Brady wouldn't have faired any better. R.I.P. Colt.

https://youtu.be/dqKhFu7yTW0

• Options
    TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The UGA defense was spurred on by an early “targeting” personal foul (actually fair catch interference on a Hawaii punt), and the gunner ran over to the Hawaii fans celebrating his dirty hit. Poor Colt took a terrible beating the rest of the night until eventually being benched, almost like a boxing TKO.

Brennan and Tebow were both in New York City that December for the Heisman presentation, and this was after the Sugar Bowl matchup had been announced. That was also just after the “Gator Stomp” in Jacksonville. Apparently Tebow told Brennan, “Get ready because those Dawgs are coming after you.”

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

that you tube video is frightening. He might have been actually killed. Yikes. Who was in charge of that pass rush. Maybe we can get him in as "pass rush quality control consultant".

• Options

They just couldn't block us. You had a situation in that game where almost every defensive lineman was winning his match up on nearly every play. We were routinely beating double teams. There was not much scheming to it, just brute strength. It was a sight to behold.

• Options
    PedroPedro Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry for colt. If memory serves we got healthy and showed out what we could do with a full roster.

• Options
    edited May 2021

The light came on for that team in Jacksonville that year, we were healthier in the Sugar Bowl, but we were just **** good from then on. That's the one year under Richt that I am most confident that had we gotten in a playoff, we'd have won it.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Felt sorry for the kid after that game. Probably took him a week to walk right again. Addiction is no joke. Some think it’s just weakness, but it is a nasty nasty problem that often times doesn’t end well. Prayers.