Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football news leads busy board of directors spring meetings

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football news leads busy board of directors spring meetings

GREENSBORO — Sanford Stadium will have some new premium seating in the future and track and field is going to get a new locker room and coaches’ offices at the Butts-Mehre building.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mostly good news and back on track at UGA financially ..however...losing Petros Kyprianou as track coach is very saddening. This talented coach lobbied tirelessly for an indoor track facility.....and failed.....so is leaving. Very sad. It will hurt UGA T & F in the future. Brooks needs to rethink this in a hurry.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree, @UGA66 . I know Track & Field doesn't bring in a lot of revenue, but it can carry some prestige if we do it right -- and it seems that "Coach K" is doing just that. Seems like there should be a way to get him the facility that he wants. I don't know what his relationship is with Kirby Smart, but if it's a good one, maybe Kirby could work on his behalf. If Kirby wants him to stay, they'll figure out a way to get it done. This is one coach that just seems like we'd want to do all we could to keep -- beyond just a "generous" contract extension. Obviously, it's not all about money for himself.

• KhunKhaoDawgKhunKhaoDawg Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

“I know what it’s like to feed three boys at an athletic event,” who is raising three sons under the age of 12 with his wife, Lillie."

Chip off the bench trying to earn his seat back at the DawgNation table. Sadly, he was sacked for a 12 yard loss and threw a pick 6 the next play.

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

Full football attendance should improve the athletic association’s bottom line considerably.

Sadly, this is what this is ultimately about.

That picture above looks like a bunch of old men being held hostage by the Mighty Dollar.

Wish it weren't true, but...