Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

One year after transferring to Georgia, there’s a different curiosity around JT Daniels

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2021 in Article commenting
imageOne year after transferring to Georgia, there’s a different curiosity around JT Daniels

It's been one year since JT Daniels announced he was transferring to Georgia. A lot has changed for the starting quarterback since then.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SCDawgFanSCDawgFan Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Here's to hoping everyone stays healthy and out of any incidents through the summer!! Those of us that live in Clemson Tiger country are ready to add #43 to that record of 42-18-4!!!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's great to see the return from injury and development of Daniels over the last year - especially the last 4 games of last season. I hope all the hype that he is given turns out to be warranted. I definitely think he is a vast improvement over Bennett and Mathis, but I also remember inaccurate (potential interceptions) throws, bad decisions, and lack of mobility for Daniels in those 4 games. I need to see improvements GAME DAY - September 4th to be exact - in all those areas for me to be sold completely on him going forward. Clemson will bring the heat and Daniels will most likely need to be a much more agile and sharp QB in accuracy, decision making, and mobility.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lately I've been noticing missing words in the home page headlines. Like this one says, "One year after transferring to Georgia, there's a different around..."

I started noticing it a few weeks ago. Is anyone else seeing this?

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For a pocket passer, his mobility is just fine. Decision making in getting rid of the ball after evading the first wave, which he seems pretty adept at doing, will help a lot. Trusting his knee and having a more intuitive understanding of the offense and familiarity with receivers should go a long way toward addressing that and any accuracy issues (the latter of which I don't think has been all that much of an issue overall).

• Billy21Billy21 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭ Junior

My concern really is not about the talent of JT, besides everyone staying healthy, but I will really be paying attention to the offensive schemes of Monken. This is really the first time this coach has had the opportunity to really plug in his ideas and "practice" with the offensive players. We've had the talent before in the past that took the team a long way, but I can't remember when the team had a legitimate experienced OC that took it to the next level. I'm only 28, so there may have been someone back in the day, but in my life time I don't recall anyone that was Monken caliber.

I guess we will see soon how he can manipulate some of these defenses he will be facing and how JT and the receiving core can execute.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It just takes that one guy at receiver that makes all the difference, be it a JaMAr Chase , a Jerry Jeudy or a DeVonte Smith. Supporting cast are great but we need that one guy that is going to be Mr. Reliable, when we have to have it. Who will step up and take Pickens place?

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mr Reliable is good as long as Mr Reliable is healthy...then you have several potential Mr Reliables who must again step up....this game can often cut down the number of Mr Reliables in a hurry. Burton and Jackson should become Mr Reliables.

I also agree that JT got off to a disappointing start on G-Day. I moaned...but then he caught the rhythm of the game and began to dictate the offensive game plan...for over 300 yds. JT needs to become a bit more mobile. A stout defense can find its way to him too often., He is a pocket passer. His knee should no longer pose any impediment.

I believe JT will shine against Clemson..provided the offensive line does its job and throughout the remainder of the season possibly on to a natty game. I feel pretty confident. He is Mr Football on the UGA team. And he will be tested. Something he seems to relish.