Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why Georgia a good bet to beat CFP odds in 2021, derail Nick Saban dynasty

SystemSystem Posts: 10,688 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageWhy Georgia a good bet to beat CFP odds in 2021, derail Nick Saban dynasty

ATHENS — The odds for teams to win a national championship are out, and to no one’s surprise Alabama is the favorite.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I were a betting man, it'd probably be worth a small bet at 10:1. I would probably look instead for something safer like SEC champions.

Of course betting on pre-season would be pretty silly. Just look at 2020 Pre-Season to Final Season:

• LSU #6 (with one 1st place vote) -> Unranked
    • Penn State #7 -> Unranked
    • Note Dame #10 -> #4
    • Oregon #9 -> #25
    • Auburn #11 -> Unranked
    • Cincinnati #20 -> #8
    • Iowa State #23 -> #10
  • Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bama lost (5) first round offensive players to the draft, will have a brand new QB, and STILL is the odds-on favorite...WOW. Shows you how much respect folks have for Saban and Bama. And Bama plays in the much tougher SEC West.

Oklahoma and Georgia are the two top teams that have more to prove than any other teams. Both have fallen short numerous times. But the Sooners have the best QB in the nation and the best team they have fielded in years in 2021. They may be our biggest threat to getting in the playoffs. Dawgs just need to take care of business and then we're IN the playoffs.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good read there MontanaD. Your analysis is pretty fair and accurate . But IF our coaches get our highly talented players coached up to the level of play that I’m confident that both coaches & players Can Do. Then Georgia should and Can win the SECCG and the National Title. UGA beat the Sooners with Baker Mayfield who many at that time said was the best QB in all CFB. But couldn’t get past Saban. Some fellow fans may get perturbed with me and NO this is NOT a KS loses his job ultimatum from me, but Why shouldn’t the Dawgs be able to win it all ?? Other teams have done it with key players injured Before and During the game. I Truly Believe in Kirby and the coaching staff he has surrounded himself with. I honestly Believe that He, his Coaching staff, and these Very talented players Can get the job done. But and if we don’t break through the ceiling This year I am going to be Ultra, Ultra Disappointed !! Firing Kirby would be Insanely **** if that happened !! Questioning Why, not so much. Other teams have won it all with injuries and youth and all the other things Common to CFB. The Only way that Kirby and the Dawgs are gonna get Real respect on a National basis is Win It All !! Even then if there’s a long, long period of time between the next National Title the National respect will quickly evaporate. It’s Time for the level of W’s to start matching the recruiting success, else our rivals will use that against us calling us One Hit Wonders and hurt us in recruiting. As a brand new HC Kirby deserved the right to get himself entrenched and established to some degree, I have No problems with that at all. But Now he’s been here a while. He has Coach Monken, Lanning, and Luke which in my book are 3 Ace cards and I’m certainly Not knocking the other Coaches they are Kings if not Aces themselves. And I honestly believe JT is the real deal. So if not this year when ?? I assure You and anyone else that reads this I mean No sarcasm, offense, or pessimism. Actually I’m a glass more than half full guy. I Believe in this 2021 team !! But Much of what 2022 and 2023 and forward can do will be based in a Large way on what THIS team accomplishes this season and post season. THIS team is I believe the launch pad for future success ( I sure hope so). And if it doesn’t work out that way unless there are some Very obvious and catastrophic reasons I’m sorry but to all but I’m gonna have a very disappointed WHY ?? Again NO I would NOT wish to see KS fired were that to happen, would be **** to do that at this juncture. Sorry so long y’all !! Just getting this off my chest. No sarcasm at you MontanaD !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn’t use any **** language in my previous post just so y’all know. The word that’s starred out is S-T-U-P-I-D. Again sorry my last post was so lengthy. I have extremely high hopes for This years team, I try hard to temper my expectations, but when I look at not just the outstanding players we have but Wow the elite coaches we have it’s very hard for me to temper my excitement & expectations !! Go Dawgs !!