Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
Undefined discussion subject.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Arch Manning is anything like his granddad, he'll be the best in the country. Archie Manning put on the greatest performance by quarterback ever to beat the Dawgs 31-21. I was there.

• KhunKhaoDawgKhunKhaoDawg Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks Jeff! Always appreciate your articles and informative writing style!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He ain't gonna be a Dawg, but it's nice of him to visit. But I take solace in the thought that he won't likely be an LSU Tiger, either. The Mannings are VERY politic (not political, politic) and so their manners say to give LSU a visit. But none of the Mannings has seen fit to attend LSU despite it being right down the road, and I can't see that trend changing now. There's just something about the school that doesn't fit with the family.

• bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2021

Never understood the allure of Archie Manning. The man has good genes(Peyton and Eli) but for a college Qb he was just average.Had more INT than he had TD’s. Never threw for over 1800 yards in a season. I know it was a much different time but the INT always amazed me.

Not a chance Arch come to UGA though.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He was razzle dazzle. Always good for one or two unbelievable escapes from a pass rush per game. Think Fran Tarkenton.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2021

Bull68dawg,

In college I watched Archie on National TV set numerous NCAA QB records (passing and rushing) in a “single” game in Tuscaloosa against a fabulous Bama team. Despite his efforts, Ole Miss lost because he had very little support from the rest of his team. I also attended the UGA vs Ole Miss game at Mississippi. Archie was injured in the first half and when he left the game it enabled our Dawgs to take a good lead. About halfway through the 3rd quarter the home crowd went berserk cheering as Archie returned to the field with his arm in a sling. He reentered the game and brought Ole Miss back in a sensational manner to defeat a very good UGA team. I once sat with Norm Van Brocklin (NFL Hall of fame player and coach) after a round of golf and someone asked him who he thought was the greatest player of all time. With no hesitation he said, “Archie Manning”. He said, “if Manning had played on the great Miami Dolphins team and Bob Griese had played on those terrible Saints teams then Manning would have set amazing records and Griese would have had a very short career”. I believed it then and I especially believe it today with the successes of Archie’ offspring ie. Peyton, Eli and now Arch.....not to mention that many people say Arch’s dad (Cooper) was the best athlete of all of the Manning’s, but his career ended early due to medical reasons. The Manning DNA is beyond amazing so I wouldn’t get too hung up on Archie’s college interceptions. Go Dawgs!!!