Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Paul Finebaum all in on Georgia’s JT Daniels: ‘He’s the best quarterback in the SEC’

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imagePaul Finebaum all in on Georgia’s JT Daniels: ‘He’s the best quarterback in the SEC’

ATHENS — SEC Network host Paul Finebaum has heard all the doubts where JT Daniels is concerned, but that doesn’t change his opinion about the Georgia quarterback.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Like I said in an article a few days ago concerning the hard-truths the DAWGS need to overcome/work through/address in 2021...

" Sentell’s hard truth: Daniels’ limited sample size is still worth monitoring before crowning him as one of the top quarterbacks in the spot."

Agree 100% and that hard truth is my biggest concern going into the season. I was not sold on him 100% after last season, and I'm still not after all the hype. He's got work to do with his receivers, his accuracy, his decision making, and his mobility. I need to see big improvements in all those areas. BUT, having said all that, he's the best experienced QB we have currently, and he is a good one who should get better. Certainly, he's a smart guy and does his homework. I was glad to see him and some of the receivers going to CA for more work in the off-season.

Sorry Paul, I'm not ready to crown JT the King just yet.

• BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think JT in the end may have the greatest season a QB has ever had at UGA. We will probably all be wishing he would stick around for another year or two after this & go ahead an earn his doctorate. Then we can all call him Dr. D or Dr. J. Finebaum is right. He is the best in the SEC & quite possibly the country. All the bad lip is coming from the normal Dawg doubters & the haters who have to play Georgia this year. The school from ****, green, scaly, lizard land is a primary example.

• KhunKhaoDawgKhunKhaoDawg Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

“But we’re talking about someone who I think is one fo the best quarterbacks in the country.”

Fe Fi Fo Fum. I smell someone who doesn't have a copyeditor!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was touting the abilities of JT when he was still running the scout team and getting little love from CKS. Glad others have come on board. Barring injuries, we're going to be looking at perhaps the most prolific UGA offense we've ever had or seen. Think BAMA last season or LSU the year before. At the very minimum, think FLA last year. And then to boot we have the playmakers on defense to be awesome there as well.

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

If memory serves me correctly Paul was a big fan of Newman. We all know how that turned out. Allthon has JT as the third team quarterback. Many 2022 draft sites list him around #7 among quarterbacks. I take all of this with a grain of salt. What I do know based on the schedule he should have a very productive season.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT seems to shine under pressure...Cincy. He is a leader and has a bullet arm. He reads the defenses well. He is over the top with training and practice.....CA. He has a cadre of receivers and running backs I feel are unparalleled in the SEC and country. He will earn UGA a Natty in my humble opinion. He is that good.

• Ga_fan1969Ga_fan1969 Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

The dawgs shined last year with jt as the QB. But during the regular season the team did not play any great teams. And when they played the bowl game the offense struggled.

the first game will tell dawg nation a lot.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The struggles against Cincinnati had a lot more to do with the run game than Daniels. Granted, he did look a little off... and still threw for 400 yards.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People seem to forget that Cin was undefeated and #8 ranked. UGA was also w/o 10(?) starters. I have confidence in JT. Not because he was highly ranked in HS, is surrounded by talent, in his 2nd year in the system or because he is fully healthy now. I have confidence because JT works at his craft both physically and mentally. He is mentally advanced beyond most of the players he will be competing with or against. That's an advantage. UGA's key is to keep him clean all year.

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why were 10 starters missing? Is this a culture issue?

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You don’t have to come here and read the content if it’s so far beneath your standard of expectations. Your griping is not welcome here.